Working under the direction and guidance of the Director of Care, assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care for their work assignment in accordance with competency guidelines within the standards of practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) current legislative scope of practice and in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the organization. Responsible for ensuring resident safety and wellbeing.
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs. Where appropriate encourages resident’s participation in activities of daily living encouraging residents to remain independent as possible by providing the residents with guidance, patience and support to do so,
- Oversees residents receive adequate nutrition by ensuring their individual care plans directed by the registered dietician are properly provided and followed as well as ensuring the team is always providing resident choice options at each meal/snack allowing the right of “choice”.
- Contributes to the development and modification of the individualized care plans, including providing input into interdisciplinary care conferences and leading conferences as scheduled.
- Under the direction of the Director of Care and in accordance with the established policies and procedures, administers prescribed medications and treatments.
- Performs nursing care and procedures and evaluates outcomes; records observations and reports problems and/or changes to the Director of Care.
- Performs thorough move ins, discharges, and transfers of residents according to established policies and procedures. Involve the resident in developing their care plan on their desires that they wish to see in their own care plan.
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures as well as notifying families on regular updates on the resident’s status
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Documentation is factual and informative in the electronic documentation software, to ensure consistency and adequacy in the legal document. Completes all tasks required for documentation on each shift. Reports and completes all incident reporting documents and hands over to the Director of Care.
- May be required to participate in scheduling on evenings, nights and weekends to ensure appropriate staffing levels, in correspondence with regular staffing plans.
- Collaborating and problem solving with Director of Care and Executive Director.
- Promotes and maintains a positive team as well as communication to all residents, staff and public.
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current full scope practicing licensure with BCCNP in good standing.
- Basic computer knowledge to meet job demands
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates understanding of the Eden Alternative Philosophy and apply it in everyday approach to care
- Ability to work with others effectively and respectfully
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 213
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.