As a valued member of the team, the General Manager role is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, motivated leader with operations management experience, You thrive in leading passionate teams to deliver a superior customer experience and would love to ensure the residents truly feel at home and enjoy a great day every day.
- Meet or exceed occupancy targets;
- Hire, coach, and develop a team of dedicated managers and front-line employees who provide consistently high standards of service and resident care;
- Effectively manage all department operations, fiscal resources, and collective agreement requirements;
- Consistently implement policies and procedures as required by the company, union and applicable legislative/regulatory organizations;
- Meet or exceed established targets for employee engagement, resident satisfaction, internal/external audits, occupancy, and net operating profit;
- Lead and operate in a manner that promotes, and is aligned with, the organization’s mission, vision, and values;
- As a leader, hold others accountable for operating in a manner consistent with the organization’s culture and goals;
- Provide leadership to the residence in the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans, competitive analysis, sales activities and community outreach;
- Establish sales and tour targets for residence;
- Develop and manage the residences’ operating and capital budgets as required;
- Minimum of five years management experience, preferably in a retirement residence, hotel or hospitality-related industry with a sizeable multidisciplinary team in a unionized environment;
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Health or related field;
- Solid understanding of business planning and processes;
- Exceptional communication and team building skills;
- A successful track record of achieving marketing, sales, and financial goals;
- Property management and maintenance experience is an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to set direction, lead and drive change in an organization and to create a highly engaged team;
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.