The Finance Manager plays an important role in creating an environment where we all would want to live. Sound financial management is critical to the health of any organization.
The Key Accountabilities:
- Designing, implementing, and sustaining control systems necessary to ensure the effective administration of the company’s finances and assets.
- Coordinating, communicating and engaging with outside agencies for fund reporting, auditing, certification and compliance reporting.
- Coordinating and controlling accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and internal reporting.
- Providing technical and other assistance to the Executive Director and the Finance Committee.
- Maintaining confidentiality and neutrality at all times.
- Managing the work unit and budget in accordance with company standards and performance expectations. Recruiting, coaching and supporting assigned staff.
- Promoting a performance-focused environment in alignment with the home’s values, culture and business goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Financial Administration and Reporting
- Administers and monitors the financial system in order to ensure that finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with established accounting practice and company policies and procedures.
- Supports and implements strategic initiatives defined in the Strategic Plan.
- Preparation of operational and capital budgets for Board approval.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports and reports on variances.
- Implements financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinates, communicates and engages with outside agencies (including but not limited to Island Health) for fund reporting, auditing, certification and compliance reporting.
- Seeks out grant and other funding opportunities that align with the business operations and assist in applying for them.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators to maximize funding under the Island Health operating agreement.
- Provide daily leadership to departments, participating in building and sustaining a high performing team who are capable of delivering the work to meet performance goals.
Accounting and Payroll
- Prepares income statements, balance sheets and monthly financial statements.
- Lead the annual audit.
- Reviews and processes month end payable Journal Entries.
- Establishes, maintains and reconciles the general ledger. Analyses and reviews detailed general ledger for all expenditure accounts.
- Establishes and maintains supplier accounts.
- Files GST / PST and other government returns as required.
- Monitors cash reserves and investments and makes recommendations to the Board.
- Oversees the reconciliation of the bank statements.
- Oversees the payroll processes.
- Responsible for overseeing the reconciliation of payroll and benefits.
- Maintains a payable system which ensures only authorized purchases for goods and services received are paid.
- Manages accounts receivable which ensures all funds owed are collected.
- Ensures transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system. Maintains the computerized accounting system. Maintains financial files and records.
- Maintains corporate records, insurance policies, mortgage documents and service agreements.
- Oversee IT supports.
- Active member of Committees including but not limited to: Management, Risk Management, Staff Development, Attendance Management, Quality Improvement, Accreditation, Labour Relations and facility replacement Building Project.
- In the absence of the CEO, work in collaboration with the DOC on behalf of the CEO on matters related to finance.
- Assist in hiring and developing compensation packages for non-contract management personnel.
- Perform analytics, trend analysis and variance analyses, investigate and explain all variances, recommend corrective action.
- Manage finance department personnel consisting of accounting, payroll and general administrative disciplines.
- Review, negotiate and recommend supplier contracts.
- CPA or equivalent designation
- 3+ years of related management experience in financial administration and reporting, including internal control, accounting, budgets and cash flow.
- Experience in Health Care an asset
- Significant experience in managing all aspects of AR, AP, Payroll and GL reconciliation.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to secure funding and establish strategic partnerships in support of program objectives.
- Ability to promote a performance-focused environment in alignment with company’s values, culture and business goals.
- Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract organizational leaders.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.