Our client, a leader in seniors housing is currently seeking an Experienced Executive Director, Retirement Living in Waterloo, ON.
Our client is a leading purveyor of luxury retirement lifestyles across Canada. Our ideal candidate is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and being part of an organization where residents receive unmatched choice and an enviable level of service in a positive, vibrant, and caring environment.
We’re looking for an independent business manager, team builder, and leader, who understands the importance of maintaining and solidifying a local presence and positive community reputation quickly. Making decisions, following through on commitments, and managing a variety of challenging tasks simultaneously is what motivates you. You have solid expertise in human resource and financial management, sales and marketing activities, and above all else, ensuring customer satisfaction in a seniors’ housing environment.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Director (ED) is accountable for directing, administering and coordinating all activities of a Signature Retirement Living (SRL) property, including the management of human, physical and financial resources. The ED promotes SRL’s philosophy which supports the implementation and maintenance of superior hospitality, customer service and unmatched choice in resident care and ancillary services.
The ED will focus on the ongoing improvement of SRL’s business model to ensure maximum productivity; act as the sales champion by creating and maintaining a sales culture; establish key long-term relationships with business partners and corporate representatives that will enhance property operations, positive public reputation and top of mind awareness for marketing and sales.
Organizational Management and General Administration
- Interpret and apply SRL’s mission, vision, values and policies as well as all legislative requirements (e.g. Retirement Homes Act, etc.) for the efficient and effective operation of the business.
- Delegate the appropriate responsibility and authority to manage the daily operations of the Community.
- Implement effective human resources management programs, policies and procedures in compliance with SRL mission, vision, values, directives and legislative requirements.
- Ensure effective stewardship of resources and maximization of profitability, including preparation and monitoring of Community annual budget, variance analysis and resource utilization.
- Direct and monitor the establishment and maintenance of appropriate accounting and record-keeping functions.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents, families, visitors, staff and volunteers through accident prevention, emergency procedures and regulations, appropriate and safe use of physical facilities, supplies and equipment, and preventative infection control procedures.
Delivery & Evaluation of Resident Programs & Services
- Ensure the effective delivery and ongoing evaluation of care and ancillary services that enhance the wellbeing of residents through the deployment of appropriate policies, procedures and resources.
- Align services to best meet the needs of the residents in accordance with company standards, policies and legislative requirements
- Establish processes to facilitate the co-ordination of services and communication between departments towards the achievement of Community goals and objectives.
Marketing & Community Relations
- Create a sales and marketing culture through guidance of the deployment of effective techniques and strategies in accordance with SRL brand promise of service delivery and marketing collateral.
- Empower all employees to be involved in the Sales and Marketing process.
- Engage in ongoing evaluation of all sales/marketing programs and tactics to maximize Occupancy, inclusive of a commitment to our sales process. Ensure transparency of revenue and occupancy targets.
- Foster positive relationships amongst residents, their families, staff, volunteers and the community at large.
- Actively promote the Community through outreach to systemic (hospitals) and non-systemic community influencers, while ensuring that we are delivering on our operational promise to our existing residents.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or industry related program is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a managerial or leadership capacity in a retirement residence, senior management in a health agency or service industry.
- Effective organizational, critical thinking, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, and work under pressure with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated revenue management through meeting overall sales targets, developing auxiliary revenue and managing NOI
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships and work productively in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Competitive compensation and benefits package designed to attract a progressive leader
1-855-305-4078 ext. 208
“We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.”