Executive Director, Long Term Care,
in Tecumseh (Windsor), Ontario
To both its residents and visitors, Tecumseh offers a near perfect balance of small town qualities with big city amenities and opportunities. With a population of 24,000, the Town is situated close to an international metropolitan population of five million and enjoys direct access to the NAFTA
superhighway, yet small town service and friendliness prevail, enhanced by the warm climate and natural beauty of its southwestern Ontario location.
With successful industrial and business sectors, a commitment to sustainable, planned development, and a wealth of cultural and recreational opportunities, Tecumseh offers a vibrant destination to visit or to call home. The area is overflowing with cultural events, festivals, world-renowned entertainment and thanks to Detroit neighbours, major league sports action.
With 142 long term care residents, this residence is a pillar in the community. The team prides themselves on providing outstanding, compassionate care to their residents; paying close attention to their individual needs. They are able to enhance residents’ quality of life, through excellent care, and specialty programs, including Java Music Club.
The management team provides excellent corporate support, including a dedicated corporate nurse consultant in Windsor, and an extensive nursing team, in a collaborative, forward thinking and innovative atmosphere with cutting edge technology. This includes PCC, SurgeLearning, Pixalere and the recent launch of a quality based practice that has the potential to greatly minimize the risk of strokes in long-term care, bringing attention to Atrial Fibrillation (AF), a leading cause of strokes.
Join a creative environment where people are innovative; not complacent in routine. There is a full benefit, pension program and annual retreats… happy staff = happy residents!
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Seeking a passionate leader with excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills. You must have a strong knowledge base and be willing to take the initiative without waiting for direction. Strong leadership skills are required to mentor, coach, and build excellent relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Strategic planning in accordance with the vision, mission and values
- Participates in the development of corporate policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and government requirements
- Provides interpretation of collective agreements and labour relations issues
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation and performance of key staff
- Develops, implements and monitors operating budgets and capital projects
- Monitors the Quality Improvement program and advises on risk management
- Participates on the Joint Health & Safety Committee as the management representative
- Minimum of a 3 year degree or 2 year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in health or social services
- Completed or enrolled in long term administration management course that is a minimum of 100 hours of instruction time
- Comprehensive knowledge of MOHLTC regulations
- Demonstrated experience in labour relations, fiscal management, strategic planning and risk management/quality assurance
- Previous experience in health & safety compliance
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Minimum of three years managerial experience in a health or social services setting.
- A highly competitive compensation package including 4 weeks vacation + 1 (paid) annual retreat and a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.