Our client is a non-profit strategic leader in the long term care and assisted living sector, operating 4 sites in Calgary, Alberta.
They are dedicated in helping seniors remain independently as possible, for as long as possible, while understanding that each resident will have different needs and concerns. They are able to do this by incorporating every level of care to help meet individual requirements.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The Executive Director (G.M.) is accountable to the Chief Operating Officer for the provision of high quality care and services while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents of the home and staff. The Executive Director will be responsible for one of the four sites. Through effective leadership, planning, direction and oversight, the Executive Director has the responsibility for the overall operations of this long-term care home within the allocated resources, and oversees all financial and operating matters. This position will be responsible to ensure that all operational activities are align with the Mission, Vision, Values, Strategic Pillars, and annual business plan of the organization.
Seeking a passionate leader with excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills. You must have a strong knowledge base and be willing to take the initiative without waiting for direction. Strong leadership skills are required to mentor, coach, and build excellent relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Strategic planning in accordance with the vision, mission and values
- Participates in the development of corporate policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and government requirements
- Provides interpretation of collective agreements and labour relations issues
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation and performance of key staff
- Develops, implements and monitors operating budgets and capital projects
- Monitors the Quality Improvement Program and advises on risk management
- Participates on the Joint Health & Safety Committee as the management representative.
- A graduate degree in Health Service Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years managerial and leadership experience in the field of Gerontology and Long-Term Care required
- Active CARNA (College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta) registration or other similar professional organization’s active membership
- Demonstrated experience in labour relations, fiscal management, strategic planning and risk management/quality assurance
- Proven record in clinical care management, quality improvement, financial management, organization development, communication and human resource management.
A highly competitive compensation package including 4 weeks vacation and a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.