The Environmental Services Manager is responsible for the maintenance, housekeeping and laundry services for the retirement community. Reporting to the General Manager the ESM is responsible to ensure services are provided in accordance with budgetary, legislative, regulatory and Company policies and procedures.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate maintenance programs for HVAC and all building and property related equipment.
- Ensure scheduling of maintenance and repairs and coordinate all replacement and new equipment installations.
- Perform minor maintenance/repair duties i.e. electrical, mechanical, plumbing etc.; inspect quality of service delivery and ensure timely responses to resident requests.
- Assist the General Manager in negotiating, executing and renewing maintenance service contracts.
- Enforce and adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Participate in all Health and Safety, Fire Safety and Emergency Management programs.
- Assist with receiving, ordering and storing supplies for the property.
- Develop and monitor staffing schedules for housekeeping and laundry services.
- Hire, train, orientate, schedule and evaluate department staff to ensure quality of work performed.
- Maintain records and maintenance contracts, ensuring proper follow-up and budget controls are in place.