Our client, a faith-based organization that provides both long-term care and community support services, is seeking an Environmental Service Manager.
Our client is a progressive and completely accredited “full service” long- term care facility, with a broad range of specialized services and programs for persons of all ages. This not for profit 200-bed facility is approved by the Ministry of Health to provide long-term care, complex continuing care and palliative care services.
Our client is committed, now and in the future, to the development and sustainment of efficient and effective long-term care delivery for seniors.
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Executive, Environmental Service Manager will be accountable for the overall management of the building systems and maintenance departments.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and monitor the effectiveness of all operational activities within the maintenance department
- Develop and sustain operational plans and safety systems to ensure optimal resident care
- Conduct regular rounds to ensure all safety, emergency, building and support systems are functioning properly
- Ensure proper mechanical maintenance of equipment, and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems
- Ascertain that all Fire Safety Inspections are completed and oversee scheduling, completion and follow up to all fire drills
- Guarantee high standards in completing outside work such as gardening, cutting grass, maintaining patio areas and snow removal
- Establish, monitor and evaluate staffing patterns and work schedules in accordance with the annual budget and with Collective Bargaining Agreements, as applicable
- Identify department learning needs and make provisions for appropriate education and continuing staff development
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant post-secondary diploma from a community college
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in Long Term Care preferred
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment, computerized building management systems, electrical systems distribution, fire alarm and sprinkler systems including operation of and testing requirements, emergency diesel generator operations etc.
- Computer skills including Excel/Word/Outlook
- Ability to read, write English and effectively communicate verbal or written instructions for staff (bilingual French/English skills would be an asset)
- Ability to read and interpret building prints and drawings
- Health and Safety Certification (level 1 and 2); WHMIS training would be an asset
Compensation for the position has been designed to attract star performers.