The Director of Wellness directs all aspects of the Wellness Department and implements, manages and evaluates nursing, infection control and other health related programs and procedures at the residence. He/she contributes to move-ins and day to day operations with regard to residents’ levels of care and health needs and provides expert advice on nursing, levels of care, practices and policies.
1. Establishes, maintains and manages the development, delivery and performance of nursing, infection control, quality assurance, risk management and other health related programs ensuring that applicable legislative guidelines, best practices and expectations are followed.
2. Organizes and facilitates in-service and continuing education programs related to wellness and nursing.
3. Manages Wellness Nurses and Medication Care Partners in the Department to ensure resident care, monitoring and appropriate interaction.
4. Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents and their families.
5. Actively participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for resident care and services.
6. Provides expert interpretation of wellness procedures and policies to residents, families, medical partners, other departments or service providers, as required.
7. Plans for opportunities to collaborate with and within community organizations/agencies.
8. Plans and monitors budgeting for the Department and manages financial constraints.
9. Keeps the General Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action, which may be taken.
10. Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
11. Ensures that the work environment is safe and healthy. Ensures that own work and the work of all staff is carried out in accordance with applicable environmental, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures and all other legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the work.
- Licenced Practical Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse from a recognized program
- Current Registered Nurse Certification in good standing with the College of Nurses in the province of jurisdiction
- Five (5) years’ experience as an LPN/RPN or RN
- Three (3) years organizational management and leadership experience
- Experience in a senior living care environment preferred
- Excellent compensation package with full benefits designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.