You will value the emphasis put on people within this organization. If you want to learn more about why many of the brightest, best, and most compassionate healthcare experts join this organization, we invite you to talk to us! Come make a difference!
Our client, a leading provider of healthcare services in Canada for several decades, is currently seeking a Director of Wellness for one of their well-established retirement residences in Ottawa West (Kanata). This community offers well-appointed private suites, magnificent views and many amenities including, an entertainment centre, salt water pool, chapel, stunning garden and greenhouse all nestled within a quaint residential community.
As a valued member of the team, the Director of Wellness demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
The Director of Wellness is accountable to the General Manager for the supervision of optimum care services based on legislative and organization standards, policies and procedures and the facilitation of the annual team member development program.
The Director of Wellness is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
- Utilizes all aspects of RHOSI to assess care needs in order to determine corresponding care fees, staffing requirements & communicates changes in care levels to ensure that families are kept informed of potential cost increases related to care services
- Develops and monitors team member’s schedules & work assignments to maximize the effectiveness of Resources
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation, development & performance management of Guest Attendants, UCP’s and RPN’s
- Monitors all resident incidents and directs team members regarding interventions to prevent reoccurrence as applicable as well as facilitates family interviews and problem solving in relations to all aspects of care services including preparing families for higher levels of care/potential discharge
- Implements established policies and procedures with the objective of ensuring that desirable standards are met in accordance with the RHA, ORCA standards, OH&S Act & Regulations and implements new processes as required
- Works with all other departments to foster resident independence with appropriate supports in place
- Demonstrates personal attributes and communication skills that foster teamwork and customer satisfaction at all times and monitors team member’s performance in relation to both
- Plays an instrumental role in the onboarding of new residents including interviewing prospective residents, conducting assessments including home visits to determine suitability for admission and works collaboratively with marketing team to support the admission process
- Completes all required documentation to meet legislative and organization standards of practice
- Oversees all aspects of the Infection control program and education of team members including monitoring compliance with annual vaccination program
- Perform other duties as required
- Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse – current registration in Ontario
- Community college graduate with medication certification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation and/ or retirement living
- Comprehensive technical knowledge is required on the aging process, psycho-social geriatric issues, family
- Must be able to set priorities and meet deadlines as workload may fluctuate as admissions, resident needs and discharge occur
Offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: