The Director of Resident Care (DoRC) leads the nursing department for the long-term care facility. The DoRC must promote an Eden philosophy of care, which supports the implementation and maintenance of appropriate quality of life for all residents, while respecting their person-centred and identified needs and preferences. The role is directly responsible for the policies, processes, and Continuous Quality Improvement needed to develop and implement nursing and clinical services that ensure effective resident care. The DoRC leads the nursing department management team, consisting of the Assistant Director of Resident Care and Manager of Cognitive Care. This team oversees all frontline nursing staff and resident support services.
- Oversees the development and implementation of all nursing services, policies and procedures to the highest professional and legal standards.
- In partnership with the Administrator, implements a comprehensive, coordinated, facility-wide program for monitoring Continuous Quality Improvement with regards to nursing and resident care.
- Oversees all MOHLTC and legislative compliance, risk assessment, and deliverables for the nursing department and report as required.
- Adhere to the home’s Mission, Values and Vision and follow all organizational policies and procedures; leading by example.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the Resident’s Bill of Rights as dictated by the Long-Term Care Homes Act.
- Oversees all Eden Alternative certification and associate training for the Nursing Department.
- Responsible for CARF Standards as they relate to the Nursing Department.
- Manages nursing budgets, monitors long-term strategic fiscal plans, and ensure fiscal accountability and responsibility.
- Collaborates with the Nursing Department Management Team to ensure all policies and manuals related to the Nursing Department are current to professional and legislative standards, and aligned with home’s policies for accreditation.
- Maintains effective communication and interaction with the WWLHIN to ensure alignment with the appropriate goals and objectives.
- Responsible for well-being, satisfaction, and engagement of employees in the Nursing Department by investing in strong relationships, and using appropriate HR, OH&S, and other applicable resources.
- Choose attitudes and behaviours that are aligned with the Code of Conduct and Ethics, and ensure the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing or equivalent.
- Post–RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration and long-term care management.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS)
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a current certificate of competence from the College Nurses of Ontario in good standing.
- Eden Alternative Certification an asset.
- BScN or business degree in health management, and further education in gerontology, geriatrics or rehabilitation preferred.
- Current membership with Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA) and Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a registered nurse in the LTC sector.
- 5 years relevant management or leadership experience in a long-term care facility, head nurse in chronic care, or senior management in a health community agency.
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package including HOOPP pension plan has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.