Are you looking to take the next step in your career and gain management experience? Now is your chance!
Seeking a Registered Nurse with experience in seniors’ care.
Our client, a modern seniors’ residence is seeking a:
Director of Health & Wellness, Registered Nurse,
West Vancouver, British Columbia
1 Year Contract, Maternity Leave Coverage
for a community consisting of approximately 100 residents, including independent living, assisted living, licensed care and palliative care
Located in the heart of West Vancouver, close to shopping, churches, recreation and seniors’ centres, medical services, public transportation, and more.
Caring and friendly staff, along with appealing accommodations, support residents who want to live in freedom and comfort.
Working collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Director of Health & Wellness is accountable for managing the overall nursing program for the residents including directing and mentoring care staff, maintaining accountability of the nursing staff to ensure that resident focused care is appropriate and implemented, and promoting departmental activities to maintain high-quality resident care.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all assessments, develop service plans and arrange resident family care conferences and ensure all are up to date. To ensure the service plans and care staffing reflect and meet the residents’ needs
- Direct the planning & delivery of Health &Wellness services & clinical programs, including emergency response to achieve excellent and safe care to resident
- Schedule and adjust Health & Wellness staffing to ensure consistency with the community’s current occupancy levels, the acuity of the residents, the services being purchased and applicable union agreements
- Manage care revenues and labour costs in line with annual budgets; monitor labour metrics such as overtime and take corrective action, complete and ensure accuracy of Health & Wellness Dept. payroll and manage staffing budget within performance targets
- Supervise the medication administration program including; administration of medication by all staff and resident self-medication assessments and audits; monitor control and safekeeping of drugs & narcotics
- Participate in Care Conferences, meet with residents/family to plan and coordinate Health and Wellness services and address related concerns
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Degree in Nursing and progressive nursing experience, in which leadership and administrative skills have been demonstrated
- Current registration with the CRNBC & Current C.P.R. and First Aid designation required
- Minimum of three years work experience in geriatrics/complex care management or a suitable combination of education and experience.
Possess strong leadership skills and ability to communicate the terms of residents’ contracts and services to front line staff; along with a thorough understanding of effective HR practices and policies
Effective communication skills to respectfully and compassionately deal with older adults and their families including strong conflict resolution skills
An attractive, competitive salary has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: