Our client, one of Canada’s leading purveyor of retirement lifestyles, is seeking a Director of Care, RPN for one of their luxury Retirement communities in Burlington, ON.
Step through the beautiful double doors, and enter into a world of vibrant seniors living. Nestled on the shores of Lake Ontario, this well-established residence offers well-appointed private suites, comprehensive program of activities and services including personal concierge service, private movie theatre, an indoor heated saltwater pool and spa, state-of-the-art fitness centre, beauty salon, and gourmet meals prepared by Red Seal Chefs. It is retirement living redefined! This property has been designed to be as beautiful as it is welcoming.
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Care is responsible for directing, implementing and evaluating the delivery of care services for the health and well-being of residents.
- Conducts nursing assessments of potential and existing residents to ensure appropriate level of care
- Meets with residents and families to resolve problems and concerns and develop care plans to address the needs presented
- Interview, hire, train and conduct performance appraisals of staff
- Prepares and adjusts staff schedules
- Oversees and delivers the drug administration programs of the Residents, including control and safekeeping of narcotics
- Ensure the home is compliant with RHRA (Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority) standards
- Develop and update care plans for residents as required by RHRA
- Deliver care to residents as necessary
- Prepares reports, budgets and correspondence as necessary
- Implementation and ongoing monitoring of an infection control program
- Ensure all mandatory RHRA training is completed within the wellness/care department
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the CNO
- Ability to manage a comprehensive nursing care program
- Significant experience in the care of the elderly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the RHRA (Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority) and all Legislative Requirements
A competitive salary and a number of programs, policies and initiatives have been designed to attract star performers, including a comprehensive benefits program, staff recognition and fun events, vacation entitlement increases, Employee Recognition, and Discount Programs.