Our valued client is one of Canada’s largest providers of long-term care and a leader in finding innovative and practical solutions that help patients and clients get better and resident and families live better. Our client is proud of the dedication and commitment of their staff which is shown by the length of tenure of their valued employees.
They have created an environment in which all employees can feel valued and appreciated. They are committed to helping their staff gain the knowledge and expertise to ensure delivery of quality care and to help them achieve their full potential.
This is an organization that has opportunities for advancement and career growth within and offers ongoing training and professional development. An organization that is celebrating 50 years in providing exceptional care to seniors, they have created a support system and resources for their Directors of Care including corporate nursing support and corporate policies and procedures. As a Director of Care with this organization you will receive ongoing support!
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care is responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within the home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities
- Oversees mandatory committees
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Administrator
- Registered Nurse required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Membership or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector required
- At least three years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required
- Must have experience in dealing with unions, disciplinary action, attendance management and performance management
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Effective people skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- A highly competitive compensation package including 4 weeks vacation and a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.