The Director of Nursing in this 132-bed long term care Home is required to oversee the nursing department and manage labour relations, budgets and spending, as well as dealing directly with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and interacting with families.
In this integral role, you will be working hand in hand with the Administrator, while collaboratively working with a Clinical Director of Nursing and a Staff Development Coordinator who mentor, educate and support the nursing staff. There is excellent support for the Director of Nursing, including a Clinical Director of Nursing, 2 RAI Coordinators, a Staff Development Coordinator, F/T Admissions Coordinator, F/T Staffing Clerk, QI Lead, and a Nursing Clerk who is responsible for resident care audits and ordering of supplies. This Home is also a HUB site for BSO.
This long term care Home has long-tenured staff and a very tight knit management team. There is also excellent corporate support, including corporate nurse consultants, and an extensive corporate nursing team, in a collaborative, forward thinking and innovative atmosphere with cutting edge technology. This includes the recent launch of a quality based practice that has the potential to greatly minimize the risk of strokes in long-term care, bringing attention to Atrial Fibrillation (AF), a leading cause of strokes.
Come and join a creative environment where people are innovative; not complacent in routine. There is a full benefit & pension program AND semi annual retreats…
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Seeking a passionate nursing leader with excellent guidance, communication, and customer service skills. You must have a strong knowledge base and be willing to take initiative without waiting for direction. Effective leadership skills are required to mentor, coach, and build excellent relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Provides leadership to the resident care team in all aspects of care within established legislative and professional standards
- Effectively manages human, material, and fiscal resources
- In collaboration with the resident care team, develops resident focused programs, policies and procedures
- Monitors the quality of care and services delivered to residents through effective quality improvement activities
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comprehensive knowledge of Long-Term Care compliance and evidence based clinical practices
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- At least one (1) year of experience working as a RN in the Long-Term Care sector
- At least three (3) years of experience working as a RN in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- A competitive compensation package including benefits, matching RRSP and semi annual retreats has been developed to attract an industry leader
Please apply in confidence to:
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: