Our client has been delivering community support services in the Don Mills area since 1976. They are committed to helping adults and seniors, at all stages, experience a better quality of life by providing essential services that assist seniors and disabled adults wishing to live independently at home and allow respite for people in a care giving role.
Fundraising is the gentle art of teaching the joy of giving. – Henry Rosso
In this exciting and challenging role, you will play a vital role in our vision:
Our community will experience a BETTER quality of life. We are here to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we serve and their loved ones. We want to improve their quality of life and are committed to providing a continuum of services which can be individualized to meet the diverse and changing needs of those in our community in a way that is meaningful to each person. This may mean: staying in the family home longer with the help of our Home Maintenance Services; getting a nutritious hot meal from our Meals on Wheels service; staying fit, healthy and active at our Community Centre; or dying with dignity, at home, with loved ones and support from our Hospice Services.
This position is responsible for the overall operation and management of development programs for the organization’s Charitable Foundation. The Charitable Foundation supports programs and services in Health and Community Services in North York. This position will also establish a development program for the new Margaret Bahen Hospice for York Region. The total development goal is $1.2 million per year.
Development activities include; annual giving, corporate giving, planned giving, special events, donor recognition and corporate sponsorship.
The Director of Development reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer and works in association with the Board of Directors of the Foundation.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of development programs – implement the annual fundraising plan, corporate and employee campaigns, annual giving program, special events, develop funding proposals & grant applications.
- Responsible for developing strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going operation of a quality management program for development activities, develop policies and procedures to meet charitable non-profit standards, develop and implement a risk management program.
- Responsible for the overall financial management of development activities, including annual operating plans and budgets and the donation receipting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven success in soliciting and securing major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of, and a deep commitment to, improving a community’s quality of life through excellence and innovation in healthcare
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) an asset
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Leaders helping leaders – we welcome your referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: