Does waking up to the awesome beauty of an island sun, rising over crystal clear lakes excite you?
Are you looking for that perfect work/life balance?
Does an option of a 4 day week with 10 hour days appeal to you?
Are you passionate about working with seniors
and providing them with outstanding service?
Then this opportunity is for you!
Beautiful Manitoulin Island is a unique scenic region, where Aboriginal life and legend meld with European history to provide an unforgettable experience. Our client is dedicated to provide the highest standard of holistic quality care in a home-like atmosphere where each Elder is honored, respected and cared for in a compassionate loving environment. Using their Grandfather Teachings: Wisdom, Love Respect, Bravery, Honesty Humility and Truth, our clients’ main value is Caring for their Elders with Excellence.
Our valued client is currently seeking a:
DIRECTOR OF CARE, REGISTERED NURSE
to join their team!
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of care is responsible to the Administrator for the management and leadership of resident care and services. The person holding this position is required to meet the needs and expectations of the residents in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Long Term Act. The Director of Care is also responsible for adherence to the respective regulations and relevant legislation, the Resident’s Bill of Rights, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and the Home’s mission and policies. This includes promoting and fostering the Resident Centered Care Model of Care.
- Ensures and promotes the provision of resident-centered services to meet the needs of residents.
- Responsible for the administration of the nursing department to provide quality resident care.
- Provides effective professional nursing practice.
- Responsible to manage the nursing department’s financial resources.
- Provides effective human resource practices.
- Promotes and ensures occupational health and safety for nursing.
- Provides for effective use of material resources.
- Maintains an appropriate recording system.
- Responsible for quality management.
- Registered Nurse with a current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Membership with Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA) and Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) is desirable
- Three to five years of related leadership experience
- One year minimum experience working as a registered nurse in the long term sector
- Preferred post-RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration and management,
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Fluency in the Ojibway language would be a definite asset.
- a competitive compensation package including benefits has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
855.305.4078 ext. 209
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: