Our client has has an exciting, fun and challenging opportunity for the position of Community Engagement and Events Planning Coordinator. This position will require travel between Newmarket & North York.
Our client is committed to helping adults and seniors, at all stages, experience a better quality of life by providing essential services that assist seniors and disabled adults wishing to live independently at home and allow respite for people in a care giving role.
Do you enjoy planning events such as golf tournaments and fashion shows? Are you creative and resourceful with an eye for detail? If so, we want to speak to you!
The Community Engagement and Events Planning Coordinator will develop community partnerships as well as plan and execute all special events. This position requires hands-on experience in event planning and execution, sponsorship, marketing and volunteer management. The role reports directly to and is supported by the Vice President, Charitable Foundation.
- Plan and execute fundraising events and engagement activities for Foundation
- Develop special event project plan and manage critical path deliverables to ensure successful outcomes
- Assist Marketing team with creating promotion materials and website updates
- Comprehend and direct event by overseeing the site survey, city permits, décor, food and beverage, audio, lighting, and staging, program and entertainment schedule. Research potential vendors, call for quotes, secure services and provide instructions. Assist event set up and tear down. Craft and prepare post event communiqués and thank you letters.
- Prepare sponsorship packages; deliver presentations/proposals to engage corporate and individual supporters
- Support event and senior leadership volunteers and have the readiness to work side by side with the Volunteer Department to oversee volunteer recruitment, screening, coaching and stewardship
- Direct health and safety, harassment, privacy, accessibility, inclusiveness, site management, crowd control, admission, financial control, loss prevention and food services management
- Understand how to manage operation costs and budget, while ensuring events are delivered to company standard
- Operate Income Manager or similar fundraising CRM databases
- Knowhow to use Social media to broadcast message and “Spread the Word”
- Manage online fundraising application (knowledge of Raisin would be an asset) and prepare online reports to assist event day, donation receipt processing and analyze event outcomes
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative event reports to make recommendations
- Post-Secondary education and a certificate in fundraising or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in fund development and a track record of progressive success managing fundraising programs and events
- Demonstrated experience directing multiple, simultaneous successful fundraising special events in a non-profit environment
- Exposure to non-profit sector, specifically for special event strategies and sponsorship fundraising
- Proven success in fostering and stewarding corporate and individual event sponsors, and community partners
- Excellent project management skills and superb attention to detail
- Positive leadership abilities and ability to coach and influence stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and professional etiquette
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Resourcefulness and creativity to get desired result
- High level of sound judgement, reasoning and discretion
- Ability to handle prospect / donor information with confidentiality
- Familiarity with Newmarket and the York Region community an asset
- Have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends and to travel to locations throughout our service area
- Must have valid driver’s licence
- Certified Fund Raising Executive Certification an asset (CFRE)
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Leaders helping leaders – we welcome your referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: