Chief Executive Officer (CEO),
Fairview Mennonite Home, Cambridge, ON &
Parkwood Mennonite Home, Waterloo, ON
Fairview Mennonite Home and Parkwood Mennonite Home are now seeking a CEO to work with our senior leadership team to maintain our leading-edge position in providing elder care programs as well as maintaining our uniqueness within the communities we serve.
Fairview Mennonite Home and Parkwood Mennonite Home are part of a “faith-based” organization. The “Mennonite” in our name refers to the Mennonite branch of the Christian faith. Our communities are owned and operated by a group of 25 Mennonite congregations and one Brethren-in-Christ congregation from in-and-around the Waterloo Region. So, these religious beliefs are part of who we are as an organization. And these beliefs shape how we approach our work and our care of residents.
As a Mennonite organization, our mission is to provide a continuum of care and services for seniors that meet the ever changing physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs of each resident.
Our beliefs encompass:
- The sacredness of life and the dignity of all people
- The right of every resident to security and independence
- The uniqueness of each resident
We provide compassionate care to 180 long term care residents; independent, supportive and assisted living across 364 suites and condominiums as well as community health and wellness centres which provide programs, services and activities for adults 55+.
Our Homes are also designed to meet the special needs of residents with dementia and those who are at-risk of wandering. Both Homes are accredited by CARF Canada.
For more information, please visit our websites:
Fairview Mennonite Home: https://fairviewmh.com/
Parkwood Mennonite Home: https://parkwoodmh.com/
We’re seeking a passionate leader with excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills. As the CEO, you must have a strong knowledge base of long term care operations as well as strong relationship-building skills to ensure excellent relationships with staff, residents, families and the broader community.
Reporting to the Boards of Directors, core functions of the CEO are to:
- Ensure physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident are recognized; worth is reinforced and affirmed, with an overall goal to achieve wholeness and quality of life for every person served by the organization
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the organization, ensuring effective and efficient operation
- Develop and lead a Senior Leadership Team to ensure successful operations, with the capacity to grow and pursue growth opportunities; promote a positive organizational culture
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, legislation and regulations that govern the organization
- Provide Boards with financial and operational information to ensure they are knowledgeable about operations
KEY CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Leadership in a senior management capacity, demonstrated in a not for profit long term care organization preferred
- A track record of superior performance, a visionary, with exceptional judgment and communication skills
- Possess a genuine passion, commitment and dedication to the Mission of Fairview and Parkwood Mennonite Homes
- Proven leader, team builder and a team player
- Experience working with Boards of Directors
- Business management skills in finance and human resources
- Graduate degree in health care administration, business administration or related discipline
- Expertise in personnel and organizational leadership, business administration, gerontology and health care
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior leadership role in health care, long term care, or related field
- A competitive, comprehensive compensation package including an excellent pension plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 208
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: