As Registered Nurse, you will lead your team to achieve a high level of care for residents and enhance their overall quality of life. You will deepen relationships across many professional designations, families, and volunteers.
You will assume primary responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of quality nursing care.
Act as the person in charge of the building, staff and residents, especially when management is absent. Also acts as person in charge during any emergency or disaster when management is absent.
Nursing Care Responsibilities:
Applies the Nursing Process within established scope of practice by developing and coordinating the provision of care to residents
- Analyzes data collected, identifies nursing diagnosis, sets goals and objectives and identifies strategies to achieve these.
- Develops comprehensive resident care plans in collaboration with other care providers.
- Coordinates and implements the resident’s care plans
- Assists the physician in carrying out diagnostic tests and therapeutic measures when needed
- Implements and supervises interventions.
- Evaluates if the goals and objectives of care have been met and the effectiveness of the nursing process components.
- Using the Case Management Process, develop resident care plans to provide comprehensive nursing care to all residents, promoting the involvement of all disciplines, families and residents.
- Fulfills the role of leader within the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes performance appraisals on other care staff members as defined by the nursing home’s policies and procedures.
- Acts as an advocate on behalf of staff, families and residents by supplying and interpreting information, supporting decisions and facilitating communication.
- Sets priorities in relation to workload and resident care.
- Makes decision about the allocation of resources at the unit level.
- Implements policies and procedures related to the Quality of Service Program.
- Provides continuous education to residents, families and other staff as appropriate.
- Functions as a resource person to other team members and departments.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the evaluation of nursing service while introducing new methods, techniques and programs for the improvement of nursing care.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Manages daily duties/tasks of nursing staff and takes charge and follows the policies and procedures as outlined in the fire and disaster manual when an emergency occurs.
- Promotes a comfortable, safe and clean environment for the residents.
- Enforces all policies and procedures within their department and other departments when required, i.e. housekeeping, laundry, and dietary on weekend shifts.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings.
- Maintains own personal and professional development.
- Participates in communities/tasks groups.
- Participates in in-services and staff meetings.
- A competitive compensation including benefits has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.