Our valued client is one of Canada’s largest providers of long-term care and a leader in finding innovative and practical solutions that help patients and clients get better and resident and families live better. Our client is proud of the dedication and commitment of their staff which is shown by the length of tenure of their valued employees.
They have created an environment in which all employees can feel valued and appreciated. They are committed to helping their staff gain the knowledge and expertise to ensure delivery of quality care and to help them achieve their full potential.
This is an organization that has opportunities for advancement and career growth within and offers ongoing training and professional development. An organization that is celebrating 50 years in providing exceptional care to seniors, they have created a support system and resources for their Directors of Care including corporate nursing support and corporate policies and procedures. As a Director of Care with this organization you will receive ongoing support!
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The ADOC will report to the Director of Care (DOC), the ADOC is accountable for assisting with the management of all aspects of nursing care within the home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Assists the DOC in the implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives, risk management systems, data collection and analysis, report writing, procedural updates.
- Takes the lead in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care (i.e. falls, restraint use, wound management, Infection Control)
- Effectively manages utilization of nursing supplies
- Responsible for the High Intensity Needs program
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level that maximizes staff resources and contributes to the home’s interdisciplinary team approach to resident care
- Effectively supports the RAI-MDS program.
- Maintains an active presence in the Resident Home Areas mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
- Initiates investigative and corrective actions related to occupational health and safety; develops and monitors modified work programs for nursing personnel
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Care on special projects, reviews, and other duties as be assigned
- Identify areas of improvement for staff development and work with the DOC to ensure overall effectiveness of the nursing department
- Advocating for ethical and effective practice in all areas in the organization
- Assisting the DOC with input to Performance Appraisals
- Focusing on Resident Centred Care Needs as required by MOH LTC Home Legislation and Extendicare Policies
- Actively participates in the palliative care program; goals of care and advanced care planning
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department in the absence of the DOC
- Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario; BScN an asset
- Minimum of three years experience in long term care; previous management experience an asset
- Current knowledge of clinical issues for geriatric residents, infection control, principles of adult education and quality improvement
- Knowledge of RAI MDS is required
- Demonstrated superior leadership and organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word; Excel, computerized resident care and assessment programs
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, current nursing and healthcare practices; demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- A highly competitive compensation package including 3 weeks vacation and a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.