Reporting to the Regional Director of Senior Living, the Administrator position is a critical role with overall accountability for resident experience, operations management and performance of the home.
As part of our team, your role as an Administrator contributes to our resident experiences in the following ways:
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring effectiveness of all operational activities of the home, ensuring those activities are aligned to the home’s strategic plan.
- Ensuring that all operational activities are congruent with the mission and values of the home.
- Overseeing recruitment, employee and labour relations, payroll and benefits, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions.
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure all aspects of a Quality and Risk Management Improvement Program are carried out in alignment with the home’s strategic plan.
- Ensure risk management activities take place to reduce and control potential or actual risks to the safety, security and health of all individuals, and to the safety and security of the home.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation including but not limited to: Ministry Acts, regulations, policies and procedures, directives and collective agreements.
- Respond promptly to address concerns of residents and family members, mediate appropriate responses to those concerns and implement action plans.
- Acts in a leadership capacity to ensure that employees within the care community foster positive customer service with all residents and families in their day-to-day work.
- Provide financial leadership by managing and monitoring budgets and fiscal plans. Take appropriate action where variances are identified to bring expenditures in line within the budget.
- Seeks opportunities and networks to ensure a participative working relationship within Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), health service providers, CCAC/Discharge Planners and other community agencies.
- Communicate with related Long Term Care Health Agencies to promote coordination and/or planning long term care services.
- Effectively build positive relations with representatives from the Government, Unions, other Agencies and organizations as appropriate.
- Ensures measures are taken to facilitate optimal occupancy.
- Maintain an organized system of records management, which includes collection, access, storage, retention and destruction of records, financial, and trust accounts.
- Ensures that all required committees are properly functioning.
- Ensures an effective system of admission and discharge of residents.
- Working in accordance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Must have completed a program in Long-Term Care Home Administration that is at least 100 hours in duration of instruction.
- A post-secondary degree (3 Years) from a program or post-secondary diploma in Health or Social Services.
- Must have three (3) years’ managerial or supervisory experience in the Health and Social Services industry.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities (e.g., people management, finance, labour relations and departmental coordination).
- Strong relationship building abilities and highly proficient planning and organizing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management and continuous improvement activities.
- Must have one (1) year long term care experience.
- Sound knowledge of the Long Term Care Homes Act 2007, Ontario Regulations 79/10.
- Must posses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Point Click Care
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector check.
- All applicants must provide proof of being fully vaccinated, except due to legitimate established exceptions.
- Have a passion to promote person-centered care and work with the senior population.
- A competitive compensation package including benefits, has been developed to attract a dynamic leader.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 201
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.