Our Client is seeking an exceptional healthcare leader!
Residential Care Administrator, West Kelowna, BC
West Kelowna is a visually stunning community and a four seasons playground.
The Community is located on the western shores and hillsides of Okanagan Lake and boasts:
- Arenas and attractions
- Beaches and parks
- Hiking and mountain biking trails
- Cross country skiing and snowshoeing trails
- Shops and restaurants
- Vineyards, orchards and farms
- Wineries and resorts
West Kelowna is the primary gateway to the Okanagan from B.C.’s most populous regions, the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and Capital Region.
This is your chance to be an integral member and leader of an amazing, committed team, in a values-based organization, providing service in a building designed and purposely built to support exceptional care!
Baptist Housing is a Christian organization committed to providing quality senior housing, retirement homes and residential care homes in British Columbia, along with exceptional senior care.
Baptist Housing is looking for an Administrator to lead our team at the Village at Smith Creek. The Administrator is a highly skilled professional that is committed to and works towards achieving Baptist Housing’s mission: Compelled by the values of Jesus Christ, we provide exceptional holistic care as we assist seniors to experience life well in supportive communities.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills. You have the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Administrator is highly service-oriented, able to work independently with a high level of autonomy and as a collaborative Team Member.
You are a critical thinker and problem solver, organized, and able to manage your time, workload, and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently. You also are able to have fun and foster our friendly and caring culture.
The Village at Smith Creek
Village at Smith Creek is one of our three Communities of Care in the Kelowna area, providing Independent Living with Support Services, Assisted Living and Residential Care all under one roof. The renovated and expanded Village at Smith Creek has been serving the residents of Kelowna since 1992.
This role is a dual role of Residential Care Administrator and Director of Care and is accountable for all aspects of operations at The Village at Smith Creek.
The Administrator is responsible for leading the Residential Care, Assisted Living and Supportive Housing operations, planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating all the Team Members of the campus, as well as the resources, services, administrative and clinical functions of the Residence.
The Administrator values learning, embraces innovative change and promotes health and wellness using a person-centered, Resident-directed and normalized living approach. This position reports to the Regional Administrator.
- Provide leadership, vision, direction, support, motivation and oversight to all Team Members and manage the performance and development of direct reports.
- As an Administrator, you have experience with and understanding of healthcare management. You are able to manage multiple issues and projects, coordinate work with others, and adapt to changing priorities. You also have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar or related role.
KEY CORE COMPETENCIES:
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, and a role model to the team, the Administrator must have a strong, personal alignment with Baptist Housing’s Mission, Vision and Values and be exemplary in promoting and reflecting these in all interactions.
- Well-developed leadership, management and supervisory skills and a leadership style consistent with our values
- Act as mentor and coach to your team, and a strong and supportive servant leader who is confident managing difficult situations, and does so with compassion and respect.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal skills, loves seniors, and has the ability to foster and maintain effective professional relationships
- You must be a critical thinker, results oriented, able to problem solve and resolve conflict, detailed, organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with current licence and in good standing with CRNBC is an asset; other clinical backgrounds will also be considered
- Baccalaureate in Nursing or Healthcare Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in healthcare administration in a Residential Care environment and a strong clinical background in Gerontology is required
- This position is excluded, full time and may require flexibility for some travel, and working evenings or weekends.
A competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefit package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Andrea Levine, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: