We are an Ottawa-based organization, which means that we have a small, deeply-involved corporate office, that allows us the ability to listen and adapt to our residents’ needs. And at Alavida Lifestyles, we offer seniors the ability to seamlessly transition from independent to assisted living in one place so that they can maintain the lifestyle and friendships that they’ve made. Come join our progressive team – incredible services, amenities, events, caring staff – we are certain you will love the Alavida Team!
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the General Manager will actively contribute to, and receive support from, a peer leadership team and an engaged corporate office.
Individually, you will lead and inspire a team of talented support managers, and be responsible for all aspects of the residence’s physical, staff and financial operations. You will have a strong engagement with sales and marketing. Moreover, your warm personality, empathetic outlook and communication / listening skills will add to our residents’ experience which we guard as a key corporate value.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Previous management experience: 5 years preferably in retirement community or hospitality industry
- Nursing Degree an asset
- Approach-ability and a high degree of professionalism, patience, compassion and confidentiality when interacting with employees, residents and family members
- Financial expertise with an ability to implement and manage budgets
- Ability to assist in the development of business strategies, team-building, long-term planning and projections
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills and the ability to delegate both responsibility and authority
- Working knowledge of industry-related legislation
- Must have previous sales and marketing experience
- A competitive salary and benefit package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
Key Word Search: “Retirement Living” , “General Manager”, “Executive Director”, ED, GM
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: