Our client is a strategic leader in the long term care sector, operating 14 long-term care and 18 retirement homes in Ontario.
They have created a forward thinking atmosphere with innovative, cutting edge research. This includes the recent launch of a quality based practice that has the potential to greatly minimize the risk of strokes in long term care, bringing attention to Atrial Fibrillation (AF), a leading causes of strokes.
With a commitment to client-centred service provision, this is a creative environment where people are not stuck in the old way of doing things. There is a full benefit and pension program and semi annual retreats…happy staff = happy residents!
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Seeking a passionate leader with excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills. You must have a strong knowledge base and be willing to take the initiative without waiting for direction. Strong leadership skills are required to mentor, coach, and build excellent relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Strategic planning in accordance with the vision, mission and values
- Participates in the development of corporate policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and government requirements
- Provides interpretation of collective agreements and labour relations issues
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation and performance of key staff
- Develops, implements and monitors operating budgets and capital projects
- Monitors the Quality Improvement program and advises on risk management
- Participates on the Joint Health & Safety Committee as the management representative
- Minimum of a 3 year degree or 2 year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in health or social services
- Completed or enrolled in long term administration management course that is a minimum of 100 hours of instruction time
- Comprehensive knowledge of MOHLTC regulations
- Demonstrated experience in labour relations, fiscal management, strategic planning and risk management/quality assurance
- Previous experience in health & safety compliance
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Minimum of three years managerial experience in a health or social services setting.
- A highly competitive compensation package including 4 weeks vacation + 1 (paid) annual retreat and a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.