Our client is located in Brampton, Ontario and their vision is to be the centre of excellence in a caring Christian home for seniors, primarily of Dutch heritage.
They are dedicated to providing exceptional quality care and services to seniors that will enhance their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. They do this by fostering a partnership with their residents, tenants, caregivers and families by providing a safe, professional and caring community for seniors, based on traditional Christian values, while offering a continuum of care and support while respecting their individuality and dignity.
Manages the daily operations of the Environmental Services Department which includes Maintenance, Housekeeping and Laundry Departments with responsibility for the sanitation, infection control, residents/tenants satisfaction, quality and financial results of the department. Responsible for the leadership of the service and quality standards to include residents/tenants satisfaction.
Ensures a safe, comfortable, sanitary environment for residents, tenants, staff and visitors in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
- As directed and in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, performs a variety of routine maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain facility, equipment, furnishings, fixtures, and grounds in proper condition.
- Responsible for hiring, termination and disciplining departmental staff, working collaboratively with Human Resources.
- Assists with reviewing and maintaining all vendors contracts, monitors the contracts in use and effectively utilitizes vendors to achieve the best possible cost.
- Liaises with outside service contractors and inspectors to assure equipment and environment conform to applicable codes and regulations.
- Participation in Building Committee meetings and direct liaison with the Board.
- Participates in committee meetings such as department head, quality assurance and safety, Technical Advisory meeting and Peel Technical Advisory Group Meeting as required.
- Establishes and maintains communications with other departments and stakeholders. Works cooperatively in carrying out duties to assure the needs of residents and tenants are being met.
- Participates in budget preparation and control. Orders and/or purchases supplies/equipment in accordance with established purchasing policies and budgetary constraints.
- Following approval refers problems requiring specialized work such as electrical or plumbing, to outside contractors and monitors work performed.
- Observes and monitors all areas of the facility for ongoing maintenance requirements and carries out preventative maintenance programs.
- Provides support to skilled tradespersons such as mechanics, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, painters, etc., as required.
- Ensures all life safety, building and support systems are functioning properly.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, etc., in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner and assures proper care in use of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Promotes a safe workplace through hazard reporting, adherence to safe work practices, and participation in safety training.
- Ensures the privacy of residents/tenants during performance of duties.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment and infection control.
- Maintain good infection control practices by promoting infection prevention and proper hand hygiene.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by CEO.
- Maintains communication with tenants and residents regarding the level of services they receive from Environmental Services staff. Maintains continuous quality improvement in resident/tenant satisfaction.
- Take corrective action where it is within their authority and job scope to do so.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Comply with all regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act/WSIB. Ensure that all staff injuries are reported in timely manner.
- Attend mandatory and annual Globally Harmonized System (GHS), Emergency Codes training. Follow GHS and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) guidelines using chemicals, cleaning and sanitizing agents.
- Degree or diploma with solid experience in healthcare, Long Term Care and/or senior homes is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of leadership experience.
- Understanding of master key systems, energy management programs and building automated systems an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be a team player.
- Ability to negotiate service contracts to obtain the best possible costs for the organization.
- Customer service oriented.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to understand and speak the Dutch language is an asset.
- Competitive compensation package designed to attract star performers.
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.