Our client is located in Brampton, Ontario and their vision is to be the centre of excellence in a caring Christian home for seniors, primarily of Dutch heritage.
This Long-Term Care home is dedicated to providing exceptional quality care and services to the seniors in their community that enhance their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. They are able to do this by fostering a partnership with their residents, tenants, caregivers and families in providing a safe, professional and caring community, based on traditional Christian values, while offering a continuum of care and support that respects individuality and dignity.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The Director of Resident Care reports directly to the Administrator and is responsible for the management of Resident Care Services within the facility including: dealing with family and resident concerns, ongoing assessments, monitoring delivery of care, auditing, assisting in the planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and continued evaluation of departmental policies and procedures and mentoring, supporting and coaching staff. They will be a role model and provide leadership for nursing and personal care through effective management of Nursing services.
The Director of Resident Care will ensure adherence to all respective and applicable regulations including the Resident’s Bill of Rights, the Collective Agreement, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and the Home’s mission statement and policies.
The Director of Resident Care will:
- Ensure and promote resident-driven management of Resident Care
- Develop and interpret the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures and standards of services and care of the Nursing Department
- Ensure prompt and accurate reporting and investigation of all resident incidents, especially all Critical Incidents
- Meet the needs and expectations of the residents in accordance with the Long Term Care Homes Act and the Health Inspection Protocols
- Support and provide a resident advocacy program though promotion and respect of the Resident’s Bill of Rights
- Support residents in achieving quality experiences: personal, social, emotional and cultural
- Participate in and initiate Resident Care Conferences with residents and families
- Ensure the effective utilization of a Computerized Care Plan system by all staff
- Recruit, select, hire, place, train and evaluate through performance appraisal, promote, transfer and dismiss resident service personnel
- Ensure the safety of residents through the provision of Infection Control through surveillance and outbreak management activities and the infection control interdisciplinary committee, and the Risk Management program
- Prepare and submit a nursing and personal care budget annually
- Prepare Annual Report
- Ensure maintenance of medical and nursing records according to Ministry of Health requirements
- Perform quality assurance audits as dictated by the continuous Quality Improvement Program
- Arrange modified work programs for nursing and personal care employees and liaises with WISB personnel as necessary
- Perform other such duties or responsibilities that may be delegated or assigned
- Possess an appropriate current Certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CPR Certified
- Current membership with Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA) and Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) is desirable
- Post – RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration and management, preference is BScN and/or business degree in health management, particularly long-term care, and further education in gerontology, geriatrics or rehabilitation
- 3 years relevant experience in a long-term care facility including infection control, head nurse in chronic care or senior management in a health community agency
- Cultural sensitivity
- Good management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problems solving and decision-making skills
- Stable emotional and physical health
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to motivate staff
- Knowledge of computerized Care Plans essential
- Ability to work flexible hour’s dependant upon demands
- A competitive compensation package including benefit plan and RRSP has been developed to attract an experienced nursing leader.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.