Our valued client is seeking a
Director of Clinical Management, Registered Nurse, Home & Community Healthcare
Are you a Registered Nurse that enjoys an “outdoorsy” life style? Look no further than this excellent opportunity in the City of Greater Sudbury. The City of Greater Sudbury is centrally located in Northeastern Ontario at the convergence of three major highways. It is situated on the Canadian Shield in the Great Lakes Basin and is composed of a rich mix of urban, suburban, rural and wilderness environments. Greater Sudbury is 3,627 square kilometres in area, making it the geographically largest municipality in Ontario and second largest in Canada. Greater Sudbury is considered a city of lakes, containing 330 lakes and the largest lake contained within a city, Lake Wahnapitae.
Greater Sudbury is a world class mining centre and is also a regional centre in financial and business services, tourism, health care and research, education and government for Northeastern Ontario – an area that stretches from the Quebec border west to the eastern shore of Lake Superior and north to the James and Hudson’s Bay coastlines – a market of 555,000.
A proudly Canadian company since 1966, we’re dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians. We go above and beyond to deliver a positive experience to the lives of individuals in our communities. We are with you every step-of-the-way to deliver an experience that makes a positive difference, every visit, every time.
The Director of Clinical Management, under the direction of the Area Director, is accountable for the delivery of quality care and service to clients and ensures compliance with internal and external professional practice standards. S/he recruits and supervises Managers of Clinical Practice and oversees the recruitment and supervision of Field employees. Assuring consistent, appropriate, cost effective care by actively managing client’s needs, contract requirements, Company policy compliance, and financial objectives, the Director of Clinical Management leads the development of clinical programs.
S/he assumes overall responsibility for Branch Office operations in the absence of the Area Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all clinical activities being delivered by the branch. Ensure adherence to all clinical policies by branch and field staff.
- Provide guidance to Managers of Clinical Practice as requested or needed to ensure compliance with all relevant federal and provincial legislated standards of professional practice as well as internal policies.
- Liaise with referring agencies and clients as necessary and ensure that identified client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- Lead the implementation of client satisfaction initiatives.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Standards of Practice guidelines of Provincial regulating body.
- Liaise with Provincial regulating body as required.
- Manage human resources including the recruitment, selection, performance review and discipline of Managers of Clinical Practice, Nursing Supervisors and licensed nurses as appropriate; interpret and implement relevant policies; assist with the recruitment and selection of Administrative and Supervisory employees as requested.
- Lead the implementation of modified work programs for Field employees and office employees.
- Ensure that orientation and in-service programs are conducted for Managers of Clinical Practice/ Nursing Supervisors; guide the development of continuing education and training programs for Managers of Clinical Practice, Nursing
- Supervisors and licensed employees as appropriate.
- Assist the Area Director with the development and writing of Proposals and Contractual Agreements for service delivery.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs; participate in the review and/or development of clinical nursing policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Assist the Area Director with the development, implementation and evaluation of the annual business and marketing plans; participate in marketing initiatives as appropriate.
- Coordinate and lead quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives related to client care in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System; lead internal auditing activities.
- Promote the company through participation in local healthcare, business committees and community events.
- Complete all required weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Assume responsibility for Branch Office operations in the absence of the Area Director.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the Company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate corporate personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Registered Nurse; graduation from an accredited School of Nursing, preferably with a Bachelor of Nursing degree; current registration with the provincial regulating body.
At least three years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities as a Nursing Supervisor, preferably in a community setting; strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of training programs; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and interpret company policies and procedures; experience in business development preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; above average report writing and communication skills with both Field and Administrative employees; valid driver’s license and evidence of current CPR certification; solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of community nursing and service delivery to clients as well as program development, implementation and evaluation.
Please apply in confidence to:
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: