Sault Ste Marie is one of the oldest settlements in North America. Located on the St. Mary’s River, the Sault is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts with skiing, snowshoeing in the winter and boating, hiking and kayaking in the summer. Sault Ste. Marie Michigan is a 10-minute drive across the International Bridge and it is an easy drive to some of the most beautiful country around the Great Lakes.
We create an atmosphere of community and family. Our caring and professional staff wants everyone to feel genuinely at home and in a place where they enjoy living.
Our pledge is to provide each resident with quality care every day. Our core values — Courtesy, Attitude, Responsibility and Excellence — shape how we care.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care is responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within the home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Administrator.
- Registered Nurse required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Membership or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector required;
- At least three years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required; and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Effective human relation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star candidates
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.