147 Elder Street is a 50-bed private residential care home committed to excellence in the care of persons with all stages of alzheimer’s and dementia. They have developed an innovative, person-centered philosophy called R.E.S.T. (Relationships, Engagement, Strategies & Therapy) and have built individualized, research-based therapeutic programs based on the R.E.S.T. philosophy that have been highly successful in decreasing anxiety, enhancing self-esteem and managing BPSD’S (Behavioral & Psychological Symptoms of Dementia).
Since opening in 2000, 147 Elder Street has achieved a new standard of excellence in integrated care, tailored to each resident, for people living with dementia and alzheimer’s and continue to build on their good name, achievements and recognition as a center of excellence.
As a member of their innovative and dedicated team, you will both contribute and share in the pride and success that goes along with working in an enriching environment committed to making a difference in caring for people.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The position of Clinical Memory Care Director of Resident, Family Relations & Marketing is suited for an individual with combined clinical and marketing experience who will:
- Identify and initiate contact with existing and potential clients.
- Develop & implement effective placement and marketing strategies.
- Understand the needs of 147 Elder Street constituents and market trends.
- Work well with 147 Elder Street resident prospects from initial inquiry through wait-list to move in, ensuring that continuous and ongoing exceptional high standards of customer service are delivered at all stages.
- Provide alternatives and form creative solutions for all client inquiries.
- Assist and advise staff in the development of care plans and interventions for persons with behavioural issues.
- Liaise with family caregivers, hospital staff and community resources to effect seamless and safe admission to 147 Elder Street.
- Advocate for residents during hospital admissions to support safe discharge.
- Develop collegial relationships with all staff in order to work effectively as a team in the best interests of residents and their families.
- Problem solve.
- Support residents and their families in keeping with a dignified lifestyle.
- Assist residents in developing coping skills and enhancing self-esteem.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Support end of life care by adhering to current practice modalities.
- Provide consultative support services to members of 147 Elder Street treatment team, family and hospital.
- Foster an environment that promotes patient/family centered care and inter professional collaboration.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in one of the following or a related health profession: Social Work, Nursing, Social Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Gerontology.
- Experience in psycho-geriatrics, geriatrics, long-term care or community-based care collaboration, the consultation process, adult education and experience in marketing.
- A highly competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.