Tri-County Mennonite Homes (TCMH) is a not-for-profit service agency dedicated to seniors and developmentally disabled individuals since 1968. TCMH has three operating divisions. Greenwood Court in Stratford and Nithview Community in New Hamburg provide residential and health care support for seniors, while Aldaview Services in New Hamburg provides support to people with developmental disabilities.
TCMH is proud of their mission to provide client-focused holistic responses to the physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs of their communities in line with their values of compassion, respect, trust, faith, and stewardship.
The CEO is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of the organization recognizing Aldaview (developmental services sector) as an equal partner with Nithview and Greenwood (long-term care sector) and ensuring continued focus on the continuum of care model for the Nithview and Greenwood retirement and long-term care communities.
As the most senior position in the organization, the CEO is a proactive visionary with responsibility and accountability for achieving the Mission and Strategic Directions of TCMH including the overall direction of the affairs of the organization, short and long range planning, and provision of support and advice to the Board of Directors. The CEO provides values-based leadership and directs the activities of all four divisions including Nithview Community, Greenwood Court, Aldaview Services, and Corporate Services while maintaining strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the role.
The CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors for organization operations, attends all Board meetings, and operationalizes and implements Board policies. In addition, the CEO develops and implements organizational plans and budgets and oversees all aspects of program development and maintains links with all outside organizations including constituent churches, governments, media, community institutions and members. The CEO actively seeks new funding opportunities and acts as the organization’s administrator and spokesperson.
Strategic Vision and Governance
- Collaborate with the Board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with TCMH’s core mission
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- In partnership with the Board Chair and Nominating Committee, help build an engaged, diverse and inclusive Board that is representative of the community
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all executives, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization
- Establish effective decision-making processes that will enable TCMH to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives
Infrastructure and Operations
- Assure program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation
- Promote a positive, healthy and safe work environment that focuses on client centred care, in accordance with appropriate legislation and regulations and TCMH values
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place
- Set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s people (clients, staff, management, volunteers), property, health and safety, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks
Collaboration and Strategic Partnerships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with TCMH stakeholders; including the TCMH sponsoring churches, government, governmental agencies, community, suppliers, and other community agencies
- Understand and publicly articulate the changing multiple current and future needs of clients, the LHINs relevant ministries, government, with a view to providing what is best for the clients supported and cared for by TCMH
- Represent TCMH through public speaking opportunities, to convey the organization’s message to a broader base of current and future communities served
- Seek opportunities to supply services to the surrounding community and to other like-minded organizations that enhance the visibility and financial stability of TCMH
- Represent the Board by taking part in the activities of outside organizations, by participating on committees, taking part in community events and demonstrating leadership in health care delivery in the community
- Provide direction and vision throughout the organization through inspirational leadership
- Exhibit strong diplomatic, communication and negotiation skills to effectively interact with employees at all levels, residents, families and stakeholders across all four divisions
- Facilitate cross-divisional collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization
- Ensure effective internal communication strategies and strengthen internal communications with staff
- Promote and further the work of the four divisions via participation in and development of materials for public relations opportunities, community development initiatives, outside committees, alliances and associations, and advocacy opportunities
Development and Marketing
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits TCMH to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential
- Understand fundraising and capital generation and be able to build strategic partnerships for current and future needs
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations
- Demonstrate ability to work with various levels of government and private sector donors to lead major capital projects and redevelopment initiatives