Our valued client consists of three not-for-profit organizations, Better Living Health and Community Services, Better Living at Thompson House and the Better Living Charitable Foundation.
Better Living Health and Community Services has been delivering community support services in the Don Mills area since 1976. They are committed to helping adults and seniors, at all stages, experience a better quality of life by providing essential services that assist seniors and disabled adults wishing to live independently at home and allow respite for people in a care giving role. Better Living Health and Community Services also includes the operation of the Margaret Bahen Hospice in Newmarket.
Better Living at Thompson House is a 136-bed long-term care facility providing semi-private accommodation for individuals who have complex medical or support needs.
The Better Living Charitable Foundation raises funds that are used to support Better Living Health and Community Services and Better Living at Thompson House.
The Chief Executive Officer will be based out of 1 Overland Drive in Toronto. The Chief Executive Officer position is responsible for the overall operation and management of both Better Living Health and Community Services and Better Living at Thompson House.
- Provides leadership to the organizations and has authority and accountability for organization operations
- Develops and implements organizational plans and budgets
- Initiates program development
- Implements and operationalizes Board policies
- Maintains links with all outside organizations including governments, media, community institutions and members
- Sources new areas of funding
- Acts as spokesperson for the organizations
- Provides strategic leadership to senior management team and responsible for major strategy planning.
- Oversees the management of all departments through the Vice Presidents of Better Living Health and Community Services, the Vice President of Finance, the Administrator of Better Living at Thompson House and the Director of Development for the Charitable Foundation. Sets budgets and monitors expenditures and service units for all services. Takes the lead in policy development, the development of new services and fundamental changes to existing services, staffing and salaries. Advises and works with the Boards of Directors in regards to overall operations, organizational development and fiduciary responsibilities. Handles and troubleshoots specific program issues as they arise.
- Supervises senior management employees directly. Assigns and delegates work, monitors work flow, disciplines and counsels employees. Provides orientation, feedback and training, conducts performance evaluations, manages vacation scheduling, hires and terminates staff as required.
- The Administrator of Better Living at Thompson House, reporting to the CEO, carries out all of the duties required under the Long-Term Care legislation. The Administrator oversees the operations of the facility including Nursing, Food Services, Business Office, Programs, Environmental services and facilities management.
- Chairs, prepares for and attends agency staff meetings. Attends Board of Directors meetings, Finance Committee meetings and other meetings as required.
- Carries out day to day administrative duties related to expenditures approvals, major purchases, space issues, service contracts, etc.
- Develops information on environmental scans related to all three organizations and develops and implements strategic planning processes.
- Monitors operations and management practices to ensure that all three organizations comply with all applicable legislation. Promotes and furthers the work of all three organizations via participation in and development of materials for public relations opportunities, community development initiatives, outside committees, alliances and associations, and advocacy opportunities. Promotes the work of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee. Has current knowledge, observes, practices and enforces appropriate procedures in regards to Fire, Safety, Quality and environmental standards. Maintains and ensures that others maintain a safe, orderly and tidy work area.
- Has a full understanding of funding requirements. Participates in the development of funder reports. This includes providing written and statistical information for (but not limited to) CLHIN reports (i.e. quarterly reports, Community Engagement, Health Equity, development of MSAA).
KEY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide services in keeping with Better Living Health and Community Services’ Mission, Vision and Beliefs and Client Declaration of Values and Thompson House’s Resident Bill of Rights.
- Adhere to the principles and expectations outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA 2018) as outlined in the organization privacy policies and procedures.
- Perform the functions of job description in compliance with the Health and Safety practices of the organization and in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement activities of the organization in order to advance a culture of quality and support ongoing compliance with CARF Accreditation standards.
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.