Are you looking for that perfect role where you can take the next step in your career and be mentored for future management opportunities?
Are you looking for a role where your opinion will be highly regarded as a valued member of the team?
As a valued member of the team, the Assistant Director of Wellness (ADOW) demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the community’s vision, mission and values.
Taking a holistic approach to healthcare and resident services, the ADOW is accountable to the General Manager and works in collaboration with the Director of Wellness for the supervision of optimum care services based on legislative and organization standards, policies and procedures and the facilitation of the annual team member development program.
The ADOW is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the community’s core values, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses in Ontario (RPN)
- Previous experience working in the Niagara Health System highly desired
- Community college graduate with medication certification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation and/ or retirement living
- Comprehensive technical knowledge is required on the aging process, psycho-social geriatric issues, family
- Must be able to set priorities and meet deadlines as workload may fluctuate as admissions, resident needs and discharges occur
- Must be committed to multi-disciplinary team work and demonstrate an ability to work through collaboration, joint decision making and integrated strategies
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- A competitive salary including benefits has been developed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: