Sault Ste Marie is one of the oldest settlements in North America. Located on the St. Mary’s River, the Sault is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts with skiing, snowshoeing in the winter and boating, hiking and kayaking in the summer. Sault Ste. Marie Michigan is a 10-minute drive across the International Bridge and it is an easy drive to some of the most beautiful country around the Great Lakes.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director/Director of Care, the incumbent is responsible for directing, implementing and evaluating the delivery of care services for the health and well-being of residents based upon established standards and protocols, ensuring that there is full compliance with the regulations set out in the Long-Term Care Act and budgetary requirements.
The ADOC position is a new position intended to optimize clinical leadership. It is an ideal opportunity for someone who likes the challenge of developing something new.
- Assists the ED/DOC in the implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives and risk management systems.
- Provides updates/reports as requested by the ED/DOC.
- Leads implementation and ongoing utilization of best practices related to resident care including but not limited to
- Restraint use and reduction
- Wound management
- Infection Control
- Manages utilization of nursing supplies, ensuring appropriate use within budgetary requirements.
- Supports the RAI-MDS program.
- Supports an interdisciplinary approach to resident care planning, assessment and program implementation at the unit level.
- Oversees the provision of quality resident care; mentoring staff and providing coaching on resident care needs.
- Investigates and develops a corrective action plan for matters related to occupational health and safety.
- Develops and monitors modified work programs as requested by the ED/DOC.
- Ensures appropriate staffing and efficient use of human resources to ensure resident care needs are met.
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing and personal care service in the absence of the Executive Director/Director of Care.
- Adheres to the language contained in the collective agreements
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in Long Term Care
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience.
- Current knowledge of clinical issues related to geriatric residents.
- Working knowledge of RAI MDS
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, interacting with residents, families and guests of the facility.
- Working knowledge of the Long Term Care Act and Regulation 79/10
- Working knowledge of the funding structures for Long Term Care
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision and to effectively lead/train others.
- Competitive compensation package and full benefits package has been designed to attract star candidates
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.