This progressive long term care Home, with a thriving community of professionals, is dedicated to creating an environment of care and respect. This team honours the residents’ desire to maintain their dignity and be as independent as possible.
The focus is on providing a high level of resident care and promoting positive family and community involvement. This site is fully accredited, with highly dedicated long-tenured staff.
The Administrator shall provide direction, supervision and coordination for the overall operation and assures quality care is provided to the residents. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the successful candidate demonstrates behaviour consistent with the core values and supports the overall strategic plan.The successful candidate promotes public relations and possesses the skills necessary to make independent decisions as well as provide leadership and promotes effective communication with staff, residents, community and the owner.
- Directs the preparation of periodic financial statements by measuring the relevant business activity and financial position of the organization to ensure appropriate scrutiny and financial management
- Ensures compliance with federal and provincial regulations by implementing and monitoring personnel policies and procedures to protect employees and the organization
- Addresses employee issues and/or concerns by maintaining pro-active and responsive employee relations in order to achieve a high rate of employee satisfaction and performance
- Formulates an effective strategic plan by analyzing the environment and gaining stakeholder consensus on the organization’s direction in order to maximize the organization’s success
- Informs the public of the value of the products and services provided by the organization by creating effective public relations programs to differentiate and promote the organization
- Examines the possibilities for growth by identifying opportunities for partnerships and strategic alliances to enhance market position and organizational effectiveness
- Manages governance and operations by remaining within the definition of the organization’s established legal structure in order to maintain compliance
- Resolves conflicts with internal and external stakeholders by addressing complaints immediately within established grievance procedures in order to avoid litigation
- Constructs a system of governance which actualizes the organization’s strategic vision, mission, and values in collaboration with leadership in order to achieve organizational goals and to ensure highly satisfied stakeholders
- Responds to the needs of others through effective communication, mutual respect, and consistent follow through in order to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness.
- Assists Departmental Managers as necessary in Recruitment, Directing, Disciplining, Suspending, or discharging employees.
- Deals personally with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Compliance Branch. Responds to areas of non-compliance and recommendations with Departmental Managers. Responsible for the completion of Compliance Plan and Action Plans which will be forwarded to CEO for input and final approval.
- Ensure the home is participating in the Interdisciplinary Quality Management/ Risk Management Program and that it is implemented and remains ongoing.
- Ensures all staff is aware of the Resident Bill of Rights and assists staff to respect and promote the Bill of Rights.
- Ensures Departmental Managers maintain proper staffing hours and review Hour Budget Control bi-weekly to ensure they coincide.
- Develops a proper fire safety and disaster plan and implements it in the normal operations of the Home.
- Provides direction and oversees the progression of the various Committees such as Resident Care, Health and Safety Accreditation, etc.
- Recommends to Senior Management education programs that the Administrators wishes them to attend and complies with those pre-planned dates.
- Continues to upgrade Administration skills through attendance at workshops and seminars.
- Current Administrator Certificate through a Ministry of Health approved program
- A post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three years in duration, or a post-secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a minimum of two years in duration;
- Three to five years related experience, in a long-term care setting is required, as well as demonstrated leadership, administrative abilities, and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate under MOH funding guidelines and monthly attention to budget
- Excellent compensation package and full benefits package designed to attract star performers.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.