The Administrator/Director of Care is a unique split role and is accountable for the overall operation of the Long Term Care Centre including resident care, programs, services, environmental coordination and fiscal performance. In addition the incumbent is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of resident care activities in compliance with applicable legislation and the maintenance of an atmosphere conducive to achieving the optimal health and welfare of the residents and employees.
- Lead the management team to provide excellent care and services to the residence;
- Foster the development of goals and objectives for the various departments within the residence;
- Set standards of resident care and services to ensure they meet MOHLTC requirements;
- Foster the development and management of the residences budget, including all costs related to environmental services and marketing programs;
- Participate in decision-making processes, particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety as an integral member of the site leadership team;
- Accountable for the highest standard of resident care and quality of life being provided for the residents through the development and maintenance of appropriate care plans, effective supervision of the performance of nursing staff, provision of the required equipment and supplies and appropriate staffing pattern, nursing services, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the hiring, orientation, continuing education, supervision, regular performance evaluation and if necessary termination of nursing staff. Review and approve relevant position descriptions;
- Convene and participate in meetings as necessary to ensure the effective management and operation of the Nursing Department;
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the Long Term Care Centre in all interactions with the community, residents, visitors, staff and volunteers both within and outside of the facility;
- Foster a collaborative relationship and effective, proactive communication with Ministry of Health representatives, the community, physicians, coroner, pharmacist, health care facilities, CCAC and other appropriate agencies or organizations, as related to Resident Care Services.
- Represent Long Term Care Centre at seminars, workshops and other appropriate meetings;
- Minimum 3 years of management experience in the long term care industry;
- Recognized degree and/or certificate or diploma in Long Term Care Management and current Administrator Certificate through Ministry of Health approved program;
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred as well as past experience demonstrating progressive leadership and hands-on approach to monitoring and evaluating resident care;
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse; and education in nursing, nursing administration and gerontology;
- Strong organizational and customer service skills and sound knowledge of relevant long term care legislation is essential.
- Sound knowledge of infection control practices, adult education, and workplace safety is an asset. Knowledge of relevant legislation is essential, as are computer skills.
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: