Are you seeking a full-time, days position that will provide you with work-life balance?
Are you looking for that perfect role where you can take the next step in your career and showcase your leadership and team building skills?
Our valued client is Canada’s largest and longest-serving broad-based surgical provider for over 30 years and is currently seeking a:
Victoria is a unique blend of old-world charm and new-world experiences, boasting the mildest climate in Canada, green and beautiful year-round. In fact, Vancouver Island, is rated the top island in North America and one of the top 10 islands in the world.
Victoria offers heritage architecture, colourful gardens, a plethora of outdoor adventure, world-class culinary experiences and a vibrant arts and culture scene. This combined with the wild beauty of the Pacific Ocean and old-growth rainforests set against a backdrop of the Olympic Mountains makes Victoria the perfect escape from the hurried world and beams with ambiance.
As Nurse Manager, Clinical you will be accountable for the designated patient care areas and responsible for participating in strategic planning. The Nurse Manager, Clinical will ensure optimum patient care and adherence to standards in the O.R., PARR, Endoscopy, Medical Device Reprocessing and Day Surgery areas through supervision of nursing and ancillary personnel and liaison with medical staff, ensuring overall objectives of the Clinic are met.
Clinical Services/Facilities Management
Direct activities related to specified clinical services to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with professional standards of medical and nursing care and organizational administrative policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational and departmental objectives, policies/procedures and standards of nursing practice and patient care
- Participate in the updating and/or implementation of approved corporate directives, and policies, procedures, guidelines or protocols
- Participate in the development of clinical standards and ensures adherence to established clinical standards
- Inventory Management
- Review surgical booking cards to identify requirements for specialized equipment and supplies and communicates requirements to Administrative Manager for procurement
- Narcotic Control
- Purchase and maintain control of all narcotics on site
- Ensure record keeping and documentation of narcotic counts in PAR and O.R.
- Check equipment needs and availability and coordination of special equipment and specialized supply requests
- Review slated cases for each day’s surgery to check for conflicts in timing equipment, etc. and advise Manager, Administration and Quality Assurance to facilitate schedule adjustments
- Perform clinical duties within the OR
Human Resources & Safety Management
- In collaboration with the Manager, Administration and Quality Assurance plans for manpower needs including recruitment/retention of all clinical staff, and staff scheduling to meet patient needs
- Working with the clinical leads, plans and deliver orientation for all clinical staff and ancillary staff in designated areas of responsibility
- Provide day to day supervision of OR and HCA staff, and clinical leads in designated areas of responsibility, and work with clinical leads to ensure standards of care are met in all areas
- Prepare written performance appraisals of all designated staff, identifying staff strengths and limitations in performance and provides guidance and suggestions to improve performance on a continuing basis
- Demonstrate leadership through coaching and participation in staff development of designated staff to create a culture of learning and employee satisfaction
- Initiate the development, implementation and evaluation of the organizational and departmental objectives, policies/procedures and standards of nursing practice and patient care
- Direct, monitor, evaluate and review standards of practice for the Clinic to maintain quality patient care
- Working in collaboration with the Manager, Administration and Quality Assurance, ensure facility and clinical readiness for all accreditation reviews
Total Quality Management
- Ensure adherence to nursing standards
- Review policies and procedures on a regular basis with Medical Director and Manager, Administration and Quality Assurance and advise on changes as necessary
- Identify the need for and assist with formulation of new clinical policies
- Ensure completion of the Surgical Safety checklist for all surgical patients
- Maintain professional growth and development in relation to Clinic needs and specialty focus
- Current registration with BCCNP
- RN with Perioperative Nursing Certificate
- 3-5 years of recent operating room experience
- Minimum 3 years Management experience
- Excellent compensation and benefits package designed to attract star performers.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: