Our client proudly manages 24 seniors’ residences across Canada, which consist of Independent living, Assisted living and Residential care.
The Vice President of Quality and Performance Improvement provides hands on leadership to achieve success with respect to the quality of the clinical delivery program, with responsibility for all aspects of development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives, maintaining of licensing and regulatory compliance in close collaboration with the key stakeholders at the community, corporate and regulatory level.
- Works with department leaders to develop and implement educational programs and conduct audits at site level to ensure site compliance with regulations, clinical protocols and organization’s SOPs
- Provides guidance to sites on compliance issues and works with Senior and Site Management to mitigate risk for the organization and to comply with regulations
- Collaborate with clinical teams by establishing effective benchmarks, conducting analyses of internal and external outcome data and leading interpretation, review, as well as communication of results
- Provides guidance and direction to all facility nursing management and staff to attain and maintain safe, quality resident and family-centred care
- Ability to travel with extended stays at communities across the portfolio (primarily B.C.)
- Registered Nurse; Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Related Field; Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in Quality, Regulatory and/or Operations Improvement in BC
- 3-5 years of management experience as a Director, Manager and/or leading and working with teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in facilitating and coordinating healthcare improvement projects particularly with implementing and sustaining clinical quality assurance programs at the site level, plus other quality improvement project experience at a system level
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement principles and practices (i. e., rapid cycle improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, balanced scorecards, Failure Mode Effectiveness etc.), project management, patient safety concepts, data analysis, data management and statistical process control in healthcare
- Demonstrated knowledge of external regulatory and accreditation agency rules and regulations such as Accreditation Canada, AB Continuing Care and Accommodation Standards, BC Residential Care Standards and Licensing requirements, and BC Assisted Living regulatory standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of wounds, SWAT certification an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of Palliative Care
- Demonstrated knowledge in RAI MDS 2.0 and CIHI
- Proficient computer skills with extensive experience using various software application such as MS Excel, Word, Access, Power point; Point Click Care, Point of Care; High-level skill in the use of complex data in business/value development and the ability to analyze data
- Excellent oral, written, “platform” and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- High degree of creativity in problem-solving especially in a group and team-based environment
- A highly competitive compensation package including benefits, has been developed to attract an exceptional nursing leader
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: