The Restorative Care Aide, under the supervision of the Registered Staff, provides restorative / rehabilitation care measures necessary to maintain and improve a resident’s ability to live as independently as possible.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs, to an acceptable standard of skill and responsibility, those functions which provide for the rehabilitation/ restorative care of residents in the NRC program.
- Examples of Nursing Rehabilitation:
- Range of motion both active and passive, ROM small group
- Bed mobility
- Dressing and/or grooming tasks
- Eating and swallowing
- Amputation and prosthesis care
- Assists in the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the Resident’s physicaland emotional condition.
- Participates in the overall restorative and activation process developed by the Facility to promote the well-being and independence of each resident.
- Assists with the maintenance of records reflecting each resident’s condition, and treatments. Daily documentation shall include: the type of NRC provided, amount of time NRC was provided, and the number of participants in the group (if group rehab). This shall be captured on POC.
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families and staff of other departments, using the appropriate lines of communication.
- Willing to do repetitive tasks daily, receive instructions and carry them out as given.
- Must understand the basis of good sanitation and its relationship to Infection Control.
- Maintains the residents’ dignity and confidentiality at all times according to the facility and governmental guidelines.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Mature and empathetic individual.
- Must be willing and able to accept verbal and/ or written direction.
- Able to meet physical and emotional demands of the position.
- Shall have successfully completed a Restorative Care Program that meets the requirements of the LTC Act (2007).
- Geriatric, long term care experience beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, (able to read and write).
- Must be familiar with regulation pertaining to WHMIS and successfully complete test.
- Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: