The Resident Wellness Manager is responsible for the direct supervision and management of the wellness and personal care services, and acts as liaison with families and community contacts. The position is a great fit for Registered Practical Nurses.
- Manages in accordance with all industry and regulatory compliance agencies, the Ontario Retirement
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual, is aware of their need for self-respect and privacy and acts as a resident advocate when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the health status of resident.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive role modeling and leadership to staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health and safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation and maintaining immunizations.
- Capability of working in a team environment.
- A current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Knowledge of relevant government legislation and standards.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with strong organization and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstration of leadership and coaching skills. Supervisory experience in recruitment, policy implementation, and health and safety standards.
- Must provide documentation to support a Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) or Medical Note from Physician stating free from infectious disease.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in organizational management in residential care.
- Registered Practical Nurse an asset.
- Knowledge of Ontario Residential Care Association standards and programs.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract organizational leaders
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.