Experience a world of possibilities in the best Retirement Residence in Calgary!
The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall operation and interdepartmental team functioning within the Assisted Living (AL) and Memory Care (MC) Neighbourhoods of the community. The position is ‘people intensive’, with a substantial component of the job involving maintaining strong resident, family, volunteer and team member relations.
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and facilitates programs to meet the needs of the residents within the AL/MC neighborhoods ensuring that legislative guidelines, best practices and expectations related to AL/MC
- Organizes, facilitates, and tracks in-service and continuing education programs for AL and MC team members.
- Manages the Resident Care Partners in the AL/MC Neighbourhoods to ensure resident care, monitoring, and appropriate interaction
- Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents
- Actively participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for resident care and services
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and timely completion of resident records, reports, and assessments
- Liaises and consults with regulators and other industry professionals in relation to the needs of residents and department activities.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Diploma from a recognized college related to social services, healthcare or gerontology
First Aid and CPR certified
- Preferred Three (3) years’ experience working with dementia, including Alzheimer’s and other aging illnesses in a healthcare setting
- Two (2) years organizational management experience
- Care, aging, dementia, and diversity
- Healthcare issues and memory care services
- Leadership best practices and principles
- Legislative regulations and policies related to retirement, assisted living and/or memory care programs and services
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional employees
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic care systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Ability to develop menu plans creatively
- Ability to prepare and administer departmental budgets
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required
- Experience with YARDI (electronic care system) preferred
- Degree from a recognized university
A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.