Our valued client is currently seeking the following:
Nutrition Manager, Whitby, Ontario
Whitby Harbour and the Town’s parks and green spaces offer a cottage-like lifestyle, with a enviable quality of life. The waterfront trail, from Whitby Harbour to Intrepid Park at the Oshawa border, is a major attraction for walkers and cyclists. Well established neighbourhoods, steeped in history, offer residents everything from great shopping to accessible transit, and an extensive choice of recreational facilities, programs, and arts and culture to suit all interests.
Our client, Sunnycrest Nursing Home Ltd., is located in Whitby, Ontario and has achieved an “Accredited” status, as awarded by CARF every year since their first in 1984 and have been under the direction of the same owners since 1967. Through the years, Sunnycrest Nursing Home Ltd. has completed expansions to two, three-story wings accommodating 136 residents in basic ward (4 beds), semi-private (2 beds), and private (1 bed) rooms. They are proud members of the Ontario Long-Term Care Association.
Residents at Sunnycrest Nursing Home Ltd. enjoy a large wheelchair accessible horticultural patio and gardens as well as an on-site beauty salon, family room, a tuck cart and two large craft / activity rooms. They believe interest and stimulation is essential to our everyday living and is fostered through life enrichment spiritual, recreational and rehabilitative programs.
As a member of the management team the Nutrition Manager is accountable for all aspects of the Food Services Department to meet the needs of residents and to ensure the effective and efficient preparation and delivery of food and to remain within budgetary constraints while adhering to all MOHLTC and Public Health standards.
- Ensuring adequate staffing through preparing and maintaining staff schedules
- Maintain an appropriate inventory and budget of food and supplies to ensure optimal nutrition care
- Will observe meal preparation, snack preparation and delivery of such as well as the dining room meal time and snack service
- Participate in the nutritional care of the residents including an admission history, quarterly assessments, annual reviews, and referrals for low and moderate nutritional risk residents
- Participate in Multidisciplinary meetings on residents day to day activities on nutritional needs
- Implement the seasonal menus using production sheets, therapeutics and develop order templates, prep lists, pull lists and recipe binders
- Communicate with the home’s Dietician to ensure the menu is in compliance with Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Dietary Compliance Standards account for residents with culture and diversity needs, texture modifications, and diet restrictions of the residents
- Attend and participate in the home’s various quality assurance initiatives and audits within the department
- Management Lead on the Health & Safety Committee
- Participates in annual staff education program development
- Participate and represent the department on various committees, such as the Health and Safety Committee, QIC and Food Committee
- Have a vast knowledge in Health and safety awareness to include WHIMIS and HACCP regulations
- Ensure all Public Health regulations and Ministry of Labour regulations are in compliance
- Participate in ongoing education opportunities, within the home and as requested
- Have knowledge on Union collective agreements
- Have a great positive attitude and be a team player
Moderate walking and standing. Moderate lifting, reaching and squatting. Exposure to heat from kitchen area. Exposure to biochemical agents. Stress related to time, pressure and deadlines. Occasional irregular hours, overtime and on-call.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Aware of supervisor’s and employee’s responsibilities and follows all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers and residents
- Aware of WHMIS regulated products and takes safety precautions accordingly
- Participates in fire safety demonstrations and fire drills and knows the facility emergency plan
- Diploma in Food Service Supervision from a recognized program
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management
- Knowledge of The Ministry of Long Term Care Homes Act (MOHLTC standards and regulations) and other governing bodies
- Supervisory skills required to manage staff and resources
- Human relation skills to handle interactions with residents, families and staff
- Knowledge and/or experience in menu redevelopment for seniors, preferable in a long term care setting
- Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 208
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.