Our values client is seeking a:
Labour Relations Specialist, Vancouver, BC
Are you looking for a place that values your HR Labour Relations
knowledge and expertise and where you will be a valued and
contributing member of the
Do you want to make a significant difference with a progressive healthcare company that values employee engagement and feedback and is paving the way with innovative approaches to providing exceptional care?
Do you have demonstrated experience with collective bargaining, labour relations and employee engagement?
If so, we invite a discussion with you about this unique opportunity based in the beautiful coastal city of Vancouver!
OUTLINE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Labour Relations Specialist (the ‘LRS’) will provide expertise, advice and guidance on Labour Relations matters. Prepares for and conducts collective bargaining, collective agreement administration and interpretation. Provides support for the consistent handling of grievances by liaising with HR Advisors, the Union, Employee, engagement and arbitration management. Collaborates with HR Advisors on researching files, drafting discipline letters and litigation. The LRS assists and supports in the delivery of corporate human resource programs, policies and initiatives and delivers support in a manner consistent with the company’s customer-centered philosophy, which recognizes its staff, managers, residents, families and suppliers as its customers.
The Labour Relations Specialist:
- Works with the Director of Human Resources on building and maintain a Labour Relations strategy, which is line with our Core Purpose and Values.
- Works with the HR advisor and management team to prepare for collective bargaining
- Works with HR Director and Executive Team to create mandates for collective bargaining
- Supports collective bargaining including conducting market research data; costing proposals and maintaining bargaining files and notes.
- Conduct collective bargaining, ensure consistent approach with all Unions.
- Works with HR Advisors to provide consistent guidance and specialized knowledge to unionized lines of business on the administration and interpretation of collective agreements.
- Using case management approach, works with HR Advisors to resolve grievances, including mediation and arbitration efforts and settlement of disputes, if any.
- Provides guidance and support to site management teams and human resources advisors on performance management, attendance management, and progressive discipline within a unionized environment. Designs and delivers educational and awareness sessions to managers and human resources business partners.
- Contributes to the development of policies, processes and procedures pertaining to collective agreement interpretation and applicability of organization wide policies to unionized employees.
- Assists facilities maintain compliance with internal human resource policies and practices, as well as applicable legislation (including the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Code and Workers Compensation Act).
- Investigates and responds to inquiries from external third parties such as HRSDC, Labour Canada, CHRC and the Ministry of Labour.
- A university degree in Human Resources/Labour Relations (or related discipline) with 5-7 years labour relations experience within a unionized environment, including contract interpretation, grievances, arbitrations and leading collective bargaining.
- The ability to research, analyze and reason logically and effectively within tight timeframes and multiple and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable legislation including Labour Relations Code, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, Workers’ Compensation Act and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an effective communication style both orally and in writing
- CHRP designation or working towards is an asset.
- Experience in healthcare is an asset.
- Experience working with multiple collective agreements and unions will be an asset
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
855.305.4078 ext. 207
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: