Our client, a leading provider of healthcare services in Canada, is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner in their East GTA office (significant travel within Ontario required).
A leading provider of healthcare services in Canada for several decades, we make a difference with innovative programs and values of dignity, respect, and compassion.
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Business Partner is an integral part of organizational high standards of service by collaborating with senior management for achieving companywide goals and objectives. This role requires advanced business savvy and superior communication abilities. Energetic, innovative and proactive individuals are very much encouraged to apply!
- Provide guidance and best practice advice in the core role areas of labour relations, recruitment, health & safety (including WSIB matters and disability claims management) and training and development
- Works with company leaders to ensure relevant legislative compliance
- Monitors external market to maintain compensation and benefit competitiveness
- Promote and communicate a positive environment of health & safety
- Reach successful resolutions with grievances and arbitration’s and foster a productive union relationship
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- University degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a degree with a diploma in Human Resources. CHRP is preferred.
- Significant HR consulting experience across all HR functions (with a high emphasis on labour relations) in healthcare, hospitality or retail industries.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills at all organizational levels; strong negotiating, communication and influencing skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Proven ability to resolve complex HR issues
- In-depth working knowledge of relevant employment statutes and collective agreements
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint)
- Significant travel is required, valid driver’s licence is required
Compensation for the position has been designed to attract star performers.