Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist provides human resources services in the areas of employee and labour relations, orientation, training and development, and attendance.
- University degree in Human Resources management and/or Industrial Relations; or equivalent education and experience acceptable to the employer
- CHRP designation required
- Minimum five years of human resources experience in a unionized environment in a labour relations capacity
- Experience in the major sub-functions within human resources including employee/labour relations, training and development, and attendance
- Thorough knowledge of employment legislation and regulations, legal principles and principles of common law applicable to the province of Ontario
- Excellent computer literacy including HRIS systems/database and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Suite
- Ability to communicate in a clear and compelling manner
- Demonstrates sensitivity, objectivity, confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, negotiation, conflict resolution, building collaboration, and decision-making skills
- Dependable, competent and continued ability to carry out responsibilities
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential duties of the position
- Experience working in a healthcare or health related environment preferred
- Competitive compensation package; full benefits and excellent pension plan designed to attract star performers.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.