Our client is an independently owned and operated, multi-award winning Canadian hearing clinic.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The Hearing Instrument Specialist is responsible for supporting the delivery of audiology services for clients in compliance with CASLPO policies and procedures for support personnel. The Hearing Instrument Specialist will report to the President and CEO.
- Provides recommendations regarding hearing aid programming, hearing aid orientation and counselling
- Performs audiological screening such as puretone, impedence, otoacoustic emissions and otoscopic inspections, tympanometry, otoscopy, recommending amplification, verifications
- Consult with client’s regarding treatment plan, follow up and counselling needs of the patient
- Maintain patients records
- Participates in meetings and committees as requested or approved
- Attend professional development and training as approved by President and CEO
- Maintain equipment, materials and resources
- Performs biologic checks of all equipment
- Ensure all instrumentation has been handled according to Infection Control Policies and Procedures
- Maintain proper documentation on a timely basis on all aspects of patient care
- Assist the audiologist with pediatric assessments: Visual Reinforcement and Conditioned play audiometry
- Prepare hearing aid orders and perform troubleshooting measures
- Demonstrates accountability in accordance with established CASLPO policies and
- procedures for support personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President or CEO
- Must be registered with AHIP
- Registered or eligible for registration with CASLPO
- A good working knowledge of computers
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to own transportation.
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.