This leading provider of seniors’ housing is a four time winner of the Order of Excellence award, awarded for outstanding performance in the area of quality.
95% of families rank them as good to excellent
97.9% of the staff say they are proud to work for the organization
Located in the heart of Stouffville, just off Main Street this 118 suite retirement residence is a quiet oasis in the midst of a vibrant community. The home is within walking distance to exclusive shops, local bookstores, speciality shops and cafes. You’ll feel the warmth as soon as you walk through the door. This Retirement Residence is both elegant and cozy with a dedicated and caring staff that go above and beyond for their residents’ well-being and happiness.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Area Manager/Regional Manager, the General Manager directs the overall operation of the Home. He/she is responsible for meeting financial, occupancy, and service objectives in accordance with corporate and Home philosophy and mission.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement program and helps implement initiatives
- Coordinates the sales team and their activities. Assists with the development of ads, promotional campaigns, development of collateral, tour path development, top ten lead/prospect review, and database management
- Participates in community meetings, regional or area manager
- Analyzes market data and sets market rates in conjunction with the Area Manager/Regional Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing
- Meets with prospective residents and their families. Conducts tours in the absence of Sales staff
- Conducts annual performance appraisals of the management team and addresses any performance issues
- Recruits, interviews, and selects management candidates. In addition, coaches and mentors managers (succession planning). May also support managements to be coaches and mentors themselves
- Leads and oversees the development of annual objectives and goals to set the tone and direction for operations in the coming year
- Encourages employees to participate in the annual Employee Survey. Ensures the survey results are analyzed and follow-up measures are taken
- Promotes good communication and a healthy work environment to achieve a high level of employee satisfaction
- Promotes capital and operational budgets, in conjunction with the Residence Management Team, Controller, and Regional Managers
- Monitors financial performance of departments. In addition, monitors inventory and purchasing activities, and manages capital projects and expenditures
- Seeks out new revenue generating opportunities to implement in the residence
- Monitors and takes action on accounts receivable for both residents and employees
- Reviews and signs residency agreement (and related documents). Ensures appropriate rate and service charges are recorded and signed by the resident or responsible party
- Prepares monthly variance reports (budget versus financial results)
- Approves/signs off on invoices and payroll
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills. Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures
- Completes all required mandatory training/education
- Provides ongoing educational in-services for staff and residents on provincial regulatory authority and related issues
- Leads strategic planning process and plays an active role in leadership team meetings
- Ensures the delivery of quality services to maximize resident satisfaction
- Makes recommendations to the Area Manager/Regional Manager regarding Development / modification to operational policies and procedures
- Builds internal and external relationships with residents, families, regulatory affairs, suppliers, corporate office, community groups, etc. Advocates, collaborates and communicates with these groups to optimize the exposure of the residence in the community. Ensures a positive image is seen by the community
- Performs other related tasks as delegated by the Area Manager/Regional Manager
- Degree or diploma in healthcare administration or Long-Term Care or hotel management and a proven track record in the hospitality or retirement industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the budget process, profit and loss statements, and control of expenses and costs
- Previous clinical experience an asset
- Excellent leadership skills and financial management skills
- Previous experience working with seniors 3-5 years
- A competitive compensation and benefits package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.