The General Manager will actively contribute to, and receive support from, a peer leadership team.
You will lead and inspire a team of talented support managers, and be responsible for all aspects of the residence’s physical, staff and financial operations. Your approachable personality, empathetic outlook and incredible communication/listening skills will add to our residents’ experience.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director/Director of Care, the incumbent is responsible for directing, implementing and evaluating the delivery of care services for the health and well-being of residents based upon established standards and protocols, ensuring that there is full compliance with the regulations set out in the Long-Term Care Act and budgetary requirements.
The ADOC position is a new position intended to optimize clinical leadership. It is an ideal opportunity for someone who likes the challenge of developing something new.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and personality traits:
- You are empathic and a good listener and are able to connect with seniors and their influencers
- You are competitive, you know how to engage leads and work through the sales process in order to keep the Community at full capacity and outperform the competition and market
- You have a solid understanding of all related regulatory requirements that impact our industry
- You understand and react effectively to financial performance metrics related to cost control, occupancy, budget variances, etc.
- You are computer savvy and a creative thinker
- You combine mature judgment with well-structured decision-making
- While tactically involved in all daily operational issues, you are equally strategic in your approach to community network marketing and gaining tenant commitments as you guide your residence’s profitable growth
- You are as committed to self-development as you are to mentoring the skills and career development of your managers and you lead to succeed
- Previous management experience: 3 years preferably in retirement community or long-term-care facility
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, and work under pressure with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Ability to assist in the development of business strategies, team-building, long-term planning and projections
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills and the ability to delegate both responsibility and authority
- Working knowledge of industry-related legislation
- A competitive salary and incredible bonus opportunity has been designed to attract star performers.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.