RETIREMENT LIVING – CALGARY, ALBERTA
Embark on a new journey – come join the ORIGIN team. You will LOVE it here.
At Origin, we pride ourselves on having dedicated and passionate professionals bound by our common vision and determination to make a difference. We call this bond ‘The Origin DNA’.
With a passionate dedication to enhancing the lives of our community members, Origin designs, develops and operates innovative, industry-leading active lifestyle communities across Canada.
Origin Lifestyle Communities is bringing Swan Evergreen Village to the Evergreen Community in southwest Calgary. This brand new state-of-the-art building will boast a wonderful array of impressive amenities including gourmet dining, coffee lounge, fitness centre, beauty salon, theatre and music room, winery, crafts room and greenhouse. This new site will have 170 suites which will include; memory care, assisted living and independent living.
We are seeking a General Manager who can create an exceptional community for team members to work in and for valued community members to live and enjoy their retirement years. We are not looking for a cookie-cutter approach. We are looking for innovative and passionate leaders who can help create a “holistic” caring environment for community and team members alike.
As the leader, the General Manager must be able to coordinate resources, including money, time and people. He/She must be able to organize and direct business operations and communicate their goals, issues and policies clearly and persuasively. In addition, our leader is expected to cultivate a positive atmosphere daily for residents, family and friends, investors/owners and all team members.
To qualify for this truly rewarding leadership role, you must have a minimum of five years’ experience in business management, financial management, human resource management, planning and strategic decision making. Previous experience as a General Manager and/or in sales in the hospitality or senior housing industry experience is an asset.
We are seeking someone that will:
- Be an empathetic and caring leader of people and know how to inspire, engage and support employees across the organization.
- Hire the best people and assemble a talented team; you are not afraid of selecting strong people.
- Understand how businesses work; know your competition and are aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Communicate and inspire a vision or sense of core purpose; talk beyond today; talk about possibilities and be optimistic; create milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision; share the vision and motivate the entire team.
- Be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and act with customers in mind.
- Create strong morale and spirit in the team; celebrate successes; promote open communication, let people finish and be responsible for their work; define success in terms of the whole team and create a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; be a focused listener; hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; find common ground and get cooperation.
Offering a competitive salary, career advancement and an excellent benefits package.