Our client, a leader in seniors housing is currently seeking an Experienced General Manager, Retirement Living in Belleville, ON.
One of Canada’s most experienced and highly regarded providers of services and accommodations for mature adults, providing stimulating and vital living environments offering a wide array of services that reflect and cater to the needs of today’s active seniors.
If you are a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and a variety of tasks and you have a strong customer service focus, then we need to hear from you!
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for producing monthly reports on staffing and occupancy levels, marketing, operations and occupational health & safety reports, auditing records and documentation for accuracy.
Also, you will perform administrative activities necessary for the management of the community, such as the weekly Management Committee, Resident Council Meetings, Monthly Departmental Staff Meetings and Quarterly General Staff Meetings; Procedures for resident concerns and complaints, encouraging communication at all levels.
You will have the ability to excel in a team environment as well as a demonstrated ability to motivate and collaborate with various workgroups.
The candidate will possess superior oral, written and listening communication skills along with the ability to be an independent capable leader who is able to multi-task, demonstrates a strong financial acumen and is self-directed, resourceful and always performing in a highly professional manner.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and collaborate with various workgroups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop leaders, mentor their growth and ensure development is ongoing.
- Drive to coach, develop and hold accountable managers and front line employees.
- Ability to accurately assess the performance level of managers. Ability to provide constructive feedback and create developmental / performance improvement plans where necessary. Commitment to follow through with developmental activities.
- Proven ability to create succession plans, to provide direction or training to ensure employees are prepared for future roles/projects
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen.
- Superior oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to create strategies aligned with organizational plans and execute to deliver on measurable objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to align priorities with organizational strategic direction as well as assisting direct reports to design action plans supporting these priorities.
- An independent, capable leader who excels in a team environment.
- Ability to unify team on common goals.
- Demonstrated passion and drive for improvement.
- You will have a certificate in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years senior management experience in the hospitality field or retirement community is required along with the ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Experience in a residential care setting, with education in gerontology would be an asset.
- You will show the ability to lead the staff and ensure staff are developed, trained, motivated and evaluated for annual job performance.
- You will consult with Human Resources on complex or sensitive staff related issues as well as liaise as representative to local government health authorities, ensuring the community’s licensing requirements are met and applicable legislative, regulatory amendments are conformed with.
- You will ensure the highest quality of care and services is being delivered and ensure that policies, programs, procedures and practices are carried out consistently and accurately and meets the standards and regulations as defined by the provincial health authority.
A compensation package, including bonus and excellent benefits program, has been designed to attract star performers.